Redhawk Caldera (Joining) Adding shadows to the walls.
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
He had anticipated a meeting at the borders, but not a meeting with Fox's equal. And not with such hostility. While the other wolf wasn't outright attacking him, he was very quick in showing off his lack of trust. Njal could understand that to a degree - especially with the arrival of children - but he did not take kindly to it. Peregrine's sharply worded statement had Njal become a bit more tense and rigid, his jaw setting tightly shut.

"-are you telling me you are a seasoned guardian?" Peregrine concluded, rushing through the rest of the conversation on his own. When given the chance to respond, Njal was gruff and to-the-point.

"Yes. I started out as a warrior for a group called the Kindred, then migrated to these wilds and became one of the wardens of Swiftcurrent. Following that I left to make my own pack, and my entire life revolved around protecting my home. I am well versed in that task." Even as he said this, Njal foresaw future questions from the other wolf - namely, what pack, or maybe even, what happened? And he wasn't sure about how to answer such things, if they were to come up. So he concluded as simply as he could. "Fox has my loyalty already, and I am willing to devote myself to the rest of her family as well."

A fresh start - that's all he wanted.
Messages In This Thread
(Joining) Adding shadows to the walls. - by RIP Njal - June 09, 2015, 02:12 PM
RE: (Joining) Adding shadows to the walls. - by RIP Njal - June 10, 2015, 05:43 PM