Horizon Ridge HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes
now known as<br><strong>OBSIDIAN KESUK,</strong><bR>amnesiac
59 Posts
Ooc — Sophie
This round will end next Monday.

---

There were five of them, then, plus himself. Akhlut watched each of them arrive, and in his thoughts he divided them up. Pied would observe only; he relegated her to this role before she said so herself, and her nonchalant announcement that she might be pregnant only confirmed her ineligibility in this hunt. If he was surprised or hurt or envious that Pied was carrying new life within her that was not his own progeny, the emotion played out only within his mind and was not reflected on his features. He was too caught up in anticipation of the hunt.

"Bambi and Thistle Cloud, you'll wait at the North end of the beach. Take the long way around so you're not seen. Kisu, you and I will drive the deer up from the south and herd them right into the girls' ambush. Inkenoah, you said you're fast - - today you'll prove it by running alongside the deer, trapping them between the waves and you, with us at their heels and the ambush up north. " The instructions were simple , and the plan would hopefully be successful.

On the sands below, the deer milled about, quite unaware that Akhlut even now led Kisu and Inkenoah to the south end of the shore, and that Thistle Cloud and Bambi streaked North. Pied would keep watch over the proceedings, and the Alpha hoped she would bring him and her mate some manner of luck, so that they would all eat well tonight.
Messages In This Thread
HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Akhlut - February 27, 2014, 05:23 PM
RE: HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Bambi - February 27, 2014, 09:21 PM
RE: HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Pied - February 27, 2014, 09:34 PM
RE: HUNT · i believe in the sand beneath my toes - by Akhlut - March 10, 2014, 03:09 PM