So why am I ten feet under and upside down
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
It seemed though FitzDutiful's simple statement freed Mason of whatever burden he was feeling - or maybe that was just FitzDutiful not understanding a child's mind any more. Either way, all FitzDutiful knew was he wished that he could sigh off what had occurred as much as Mason had and be distracted as easily.

Not long after another clash and bang echoed out from the storm and Mason enquired as to what it was. Another tree was felled and FitzDutiful peered into the pouring rain, hoping that his pack were all safely in their dens and not out amongst the forest in his summer storm. "It's a storm, Mason." FitzDutiful explained gently. He didn't want his child scared of the thunder, but at the same time he needed to be sure that he had respect for the dangerous aspects of nature.

"Sometimes the sky grows dark and the air grows hot and it begins to rain. This combination causes great sparks in the sky that attack the earth. It causes trees to fall and can be dangerous if you don't find a safe cave quickly."

FitzDutiful had also experienced this when the rain didn't fall and the great sparks caused flames to sprout from the trees they hit instead, but that seemed too complicated to explain at the moment.
Messages In This Thread
So why am I ten feet under and upside down - by Mason - June 23, 2015, 04:50 AM
RE: So why am I ten feet under and upside down - by FitzDutiful - June 28, 2015, 05:58 AM