Redtail Rise I'm like the Kanye West of humility
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Smash explained the tradition, and though it was still pretty weird to Saena, it made a lot more sense. "Sounds odd, but hey, whatever works!" Saena admitted with a grin. When she one day had children, she wouldn't have the slightest idea what she would choose to name them. Maybe she would leave it up to their father, whoever that might be. Names seemed too difficult to just come up with, especially following a theme like that.

"No, the plateau," she answered in regards to her brother, "and no worries. We didn't even really meet her. I have no idea what she looked like." Someone had described Pied once or twice, and Saena had seen her in a dream, but that was very far from reality. There was no telling whether the appearance was right or wrong. She wasn't at all sad about Pied, only about the missed opportunity to have a parent who actually cared, because the story went that Pied would've done anything to ensure her litter's safety and happiness.

"Well, you know about Junior," Saena said, "her name's actually Osprey Junior, after our aunt Osprey. Our dad's name is Peregrine, but honestly, he's a shitbag. We dropped our surname a long time ago, and our association with him went with it. Actually, they aren't even my real family—we were adopted when we were born. Our real dad ran out on us, too. We have another sister named Tytonidae, she lives in the mountains, and our mom, our adoptive one anyway, was called Hawkeye... but we haven't seen her in years..."

And from here, Saena would go on to tell Smash about Blue Willow and Lasher, and a little more about her siblings. It was probably the most that she talked about her family in a very long time, but at the end of it, she felt more comfortable sharing things with Smash that she would only have shared with Reek previously. Of course, she didn't have anything of that nature now, so they parted ways without any surprises, but she did feel like Smash would become a close friend quickly enough if she stuck around.
Messages In This Thread
I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Smash - May 26, 2015, 10:00 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Saēna - May 26, 2015, 07:25 PM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Smash - May 26, 2015, 07:35 PM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Saēna - June 06, 2015, 10:26 PM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Smash - June 07, 2015, 10:24 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Saēna - June 23, 2015, 08:25 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Smash - June 23, 2015, 09:31 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Saēna - June 30, 2015, 09:25 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Smash - June 30, 2015, 10:00 AM
RE: I'm like the Kanye West of humility - by Saēna - June 30, 2015, 11:24 AM