I could use someone like you
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
"I met her once," Saena revealed to her Beta, "she told me she'd see us where the hunting's good." The Redtail Rise alpha female took that in the sense of friendly competition. Still, none of the Rise's wolves had hunted beyond their northern border. Friendly or not, competition was still competition, and Saena fully intended to keep the promise she made to Kaskara. She idly wondered as she stared up the mountainside whether Bazi would be disappointed or relieved to know of that promise, but she didn't have to wonder long, for the white female was the first to arrive.

Saena smiled at her, lowering her head according to her status as outsider and visitor. Her tail hung limply between her legs. It wouldn't do to bugger this up by not acknowledging the other wolves' statuses. "Hey, Bazi," she said just as Kaskara joined them, and she sent a broader grin the beta's way with an accompanying, "Hi Kaskara!"

But it wasn't these two females Saena worried about. She knew she had Kaskara's approval, and Bazi had indicated as much as well. It was the alpha male, who arrived last, but commanded the most attention with his approach. This was perhaps because he was larger than the others or perhaps because of that same lion-like regality Saena had witnessed when they confronted Meldresi; she couldn't say for sure.

"To meet you formally," Saena said, "and to bring some news of our own." Reek and Saena also intended to extend an offering of alliance, but that was something the alpha was content to leave to Reek, who had really masterminded it in the first place. "My name is Saena Redtail, formerly Saena Redleaf-DiSarinno of Blacktail Deer Plateau. I'm the alpha of Redtail Rise." She turned her snout to her companion then and said, "and this is Reek, my beta and advisor, and the voice of our pack." She looked back to them then, avoiding eye contact. Her eyes lingered longest on the tip of Scimitar's chin, as he was the one they needed to impress. "I thought it was time we introduce ourselves to you, firstly."

From here, Reek could relay some of their recent news, specifically that about Redhawk Caldera's hostility toward them (this would have to be handled carefully, as the two Redtail wolves presumably discussed on their journey to Nova Peak, because of their history with Fox as confirmed by Bazi) and the death of one of their own at Redhawk's hands with an implied warning that wolves from the Caldera were dangerous, or he could leave it to her. She left the floor open for either possibility.
Messages In This Thread
I could use someone like you - by Saēna - June 22, 2015, 08:24 PM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Reek - June 22, 2015, 08:53 PM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Bazi - June 25, 2015, 03:59 AM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Kaskara - June 28, 2015, 11:34 AM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Scimitar - July 03, 2015, 12:59 PM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Saēna - July 07, 2015, 08:15 PM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Reek - July 07, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Bazi - July 16, 2015, 09:43 AM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Kaskara - July 21, 2015, 09:55 AM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Scimitar - July 27, 2015, 09:27 AM
RE: I could use someone like you - by Saēna - July 28, 2015, 06:58 AM