Horizon Ridge Take me by the hand
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
It was obvious that the coast wasn't all that it was cracked up to be, at least that was Reek's point of view after stumbling upon the shores bordering Ankyra Sound. Sure, Saena made her point clear that the beach was no place to live by bringing up  the sand got stuck in every uncomfortable cranny possible, the smell that was worse than Reek after a heavy rain, and the constant noise never ceased... but, goddamn that view. That great blue expanse always kept Reek coming back for more.  "But look at it though," he mused in awestruck wonder as he looked out to the sea. "Who wouldn't want to see that every day?"

"That view is the only reason I stayed so long at Ankyra Sound," he continued. "Believe it or not — this is the shocker — I was there on my own free will.  The pack was only secondary... I sort of stumbled into it by accident."  In hindsight, staying with the Sirens probably wasn't the brightest idea, but it had brought him here; therefore, he wouldn't have done anything differently.  

"But, everything else was no accident," spoke the newly crowned Alpha to his lover with a knowing grin.  "I was born a good ways north-east of here to a couple who didn't get permission to breed— Long story short, it didn't end so happily ever after for them.  I never got to know my father.  I, uh... I've heard stories about him, but that's about it.  My mother on the other hand, we were extremely close."  Reek's smile softened at the mention of his mother... that wolf had been a goddamn saint.

"She was a storyteller first and foremost,  but a damn good healer too.  She taught me everything she possibly could, but what stuck with me the most were her stories; especially the ones about where she was from.  A place like this, coastal.  I could always tell she wanted to go back... she yearned for it, but I could never convince her to leave with me and strike out to the sea.  She told me she was too old to make the trip... so instead, I promised her I would see it someday. But the promise was soon forgotten, and life went on as normal."

Reek's voice began to falter and his smile faded away.  "It was so sudden," he mumbled sadly.  "It's not like theres anything you can do for an aneurysm, so all I could do was watch as the best thing in my life faded away.  I'm not sure that this is the same place she talked about, but I see her when I look out at the water.  I came for her."

"I know that ain't much of a secret, but it's something I don't bring up to just anyone— it's too personal."  Reek rested his head against and inhaled deeply, drinking in her scent. "Your turn."
Messages In This Thread
Take me by the hand - by Saēna - July 13, 2015, 09:06 PM
RE: Take me by the hand - by Reek - July 13, 2015, 09:34 PM
RE: Take me by the hand - by Saēna - July 13, 2015, 10:37 PM
RE: Take me by the hand - by Reek - July 14, 2015, 04:09 PM
RE: Take me by the hand - by Saēna - July 14, 2015, 04:47 PM
RE: Take me by the hand - by Reek - July 14, 2015, 11:05 PM
RE: Take me by the hand - by Saēna - July 15, 2015, 07:12 PM
RE: Take me by the hand - by Reek - July 15, 2015, 08:02 PM
RE: Take me by the hand - by Saēna - July 15, 2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Take me by the hand - by Reek - July 15, 2015, 08:41 PM
RE: Take me by the hand - by Saēna - July 17, 2015, 04:02 PM