i think that they could be the better half of me.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Harlyn gazed skyward for a moment before Mordecai's voice brought her back down to earth again.  She gave him a little smirk at his question.  "Well, I know how much trouble you have taking care of yourself," she teased lightly,  It was nice to do, especially considering how heavy a conversation she was about to inflict upon him.

"Come, let's get under the trees at least," Harlyn urged him.  She turned then and cantered off in the direction of the treeline that loomed nearby, Mordecai in tow.  The naturalist in her caused her to stop and settle down on her haunches just beneath their shelter so that she could watch as the storm continued to brew.  She knew it was better for them to avoid it, but even the Cinderloch had her "reckless" side.

"Mordecai..." Harlyn said finally after a few minutes had passed in silence, "I.. need to tell you something."  It wasn't what she had intended to say.  It wasn't even a line she'd thought of when she'd tried to figure out how to start the conversation, but wasn't that always the way of it?  Her grip on her self-determined protocol quickly slipped and all bets were off - whatever happened would happen as it was intended to.  No scripts, just.. real.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i think that they could be the better half of me. - by Harlyn - July 20, 2015, 07:51 PM