When a counselor needs council
127 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Ayana thought about Burke's statement for a while. Wans't that exactly what she thought about life the whole time? That nothing was coincidence and someone already made plans for every wolf out there? Even for every rabbit or deer, any living creature really. She softly shook her head. Ayana was so unsure of her whole situation. Her past layed so heavy on her weak shoulders, it was extremely difficult to act out the role of a nice, caring wolf. However, she felt like she more and more turned into one. And she didn't know whether she liked it or not.

"You became a dark brother not too long ago, right?", Ayana said, hoping Burke was still listening. He seemed like his thoughts were drifting away as he looked around the horizon. The sun was going down slowly and the soft breeze turned into a colder wind.
"What if they are actually testing you like you said? Not any wolves, not Meldresi, but the ... Gods? A wise wolf once told me about brotherhoods and Gods. The wolf taught me how our lives are already planned out for each and every one of us ... There was a time in my life when I didn't believe it all, but eventually believing in it made many things a lot more manageable for me. You know, Burke. I had a brother once. Sweet and innocent he was, but he had something inside him that made it impossible for him to live in this world. He needed to leave." Her voice suddenly broke. She stopped for a second and thought exactly about what she just said. Surprisingly, the voices in her head were quiet, and so was Ayana. She wasn't shivering at the thought of her brother, nor were her muscles tightening or anger rising up in her. She was calm, almost as if what she told Burke about was just another fairytale the wise wolf told her. She continued: "My brother left this world and I am still ... struggling with it. But when I think about my life being planned out it makes it easier, it's as if he was meant to leave, so there's nothing I could have done about it."

The light wolf hoped that Burke could make use of her blabbing. She also hoped he wouldn't notice how dark her mind was again, which Ayana didn't even notice herself. But there was a slight undertone in his words which made something inside her shiver, although she felt relaxed. Like the calm before the storm.
Messages In This Thread
When a counselor needs council - by Burke - July 20, 2015, 06:16 AM
RE: When a counselor needs council - by Ayana - July 20, 2015, 09:27 AM
RE: When a counselor needs council - by Burke - July 20, 2015, 02:03 PM
RE: When a counselor needs council - by Ayana - July 23, 2015, 05:24 AM
RE: When a counselor needs council - by Burke - July 23, 2015, 07:22 AM
RE: When a counselor needs council - by Ayana - July 24, 2015, 11:45 AM
RE: When a counselor needs council - by Burke - July 24, 2015, 12:43 PM
RE: When a counselor needs council - by Ayana - July 24, 2015, 03:55 PM
RE: When a counselor needs council - by Burke - July 26, 2015, 07:05 AM
RE: When a counselor needs council - by Ayana - July 26, 2015, 10:54 AM
RE: When a counselor needs council - by Burke - July 26, 2015, 01:07 PM