i think that they could be the better half of me.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
She wasn't sure where to go from there.  Did she just leave?  Bid him farewell and disappear into the night?  Her eyes focused on the clouds overhead, watching as they shifted across the sky at a rather unnerving pace.  At least, it would have been unnerving had Harlyn been truly seeing them.

In her mind, all she saw was the future the gods had planned for her - a future she had been so certain Mordecai was involved in.  Hell, not just involved, but that her future revolved around.  What if he never joined her?  What if she was never meant to have an alpha male at her side, never meant to have a mate or children...  The thought was painful to the Cinderloch, but she was a determined woman.  That was a future she was meant to have with Mordecai, and if he was not truly meant to be part of her destiny, then nor were the other things she'd hoped for.  No children.. No perfect little pups with her coloring and Mordecai's golden eyes...

Mordecai's voice distracted her from her thoughts and she turned to gaze passively at him.  Her ears perked slightly at his words.  If that wasn't what he was saying, then what exactly was it?  He seemed to have difficulty articulating, which Harlyn felt compelled to save him from by filling in those empty spaces with the words his silence was saying to her.  Instead she sat quietly, allowing him the time he needed to finally say the sweetest words she'd ever heard uttered in her life.

Her eyes brightened slightly with hope as he said it, her ears perking slightly.  Her lips parted as though to speak, but she said nothing for a moment as she pondered his comment.  He didn't want to let her go?  She didn't want to be let go either.  But... "I don't want to make you do anything you don't wish to," Harlyn said, "Nor that you aren't ready for.  It wasn't my intention to give you an ultimatum or anything like that.  Me leaving the Plateau...  I don't want that to be me leaving you."  She meant that in more ways than one.  Just because she moved away didn't mean that what they had needed to end.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i think that they could be the better half of me. - by Harlyn - July 26, 2015, 02:44 PM