The Outskirts
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
An ear was flicked backwards as Scarlett snorted and said that they had room for another healer to help him and that she was the only naturalist and wasn't even a really good one. Raziel spared her a glance, his features contorting into something of a mixture of his trademark smirk and a frown. "You're good enough," was all the silver Alpha uttered before he turned his attention back on the wannabe joiner. He ignored what she said about never having enough hunters, feeling annoyance and irritation rush through his form. He was the leader, was he not? He was the one that made final decisions around here, not her right? But Raziel withheld from uttering his opinions, and forced himself to calm down; this wasn't worth getting all worked up.

A smile touched his weathered, battle-hardened features when the albino female agreed that he was in charge and continued to say that they would want a new member to stick around. She also stated that Bearclaw Valley wasn't a sanctuary for those to rest and eat food, much to the surprise of Raziel which showed on his face for a brief second as he twisted his head to look at her, flashing her a winning grin as he did so - Raz also made sure the newcomer couldn't see his face - and turned back to Azaria.

Raziel returned his attention to the loner and listened as the pale she-wolf. He almost wanted to smirk and laugh out loud when she stated she was skilled in any of her trades and that apparently, he would be 'hard pressed' to find another who would be as 'sincere' and as 'loyal' as she was. However, the stoic Roman kept his cold facade on and continued staring at her with piercing, inscrutable, turquoise eyes. "What do you mean 'your skills are not quite like those of other wolves'?" he inquired sharply, tilting his head in a manner reminiscent to an eagle when it spotted its prey. "I am a Roman," Raziel said, taking yet another small step forward. "I will hold you to your word when you say that I will never have to question your devotion and your honor to the pack. Romans take promises very seriously, so I would be careful if I were you when you're swearing oaths." Then he smiled, a decidedly calculating smile. "That is, if I decide to let you in."

The silver Alpha glanced at Scarlett for the fraction of a second. "My trusted Beta seems to believe your words and wishes to let you into our ranks," he said, gazing down at Azaria. "I, however, believe actions speaks louder than words." Raziel paused, just to add a more dramatic effect. "Will you do us the honor of leading us on a hunt? Not in the valley, in the forest there," he gestured with his muzzle to the forest. "Scarlett and I will follow you when we hunt, and my Beta and I will see if you are worthy." That was fair, in his mind, in fact, he was being especially nice today. Probably because his friend (girlfriend?) was here.
Messages In This Thread
The Outskirts - by Azaria - July 30, 2015, 12:49 PM
RE: The Outskirts - by Scarlett - July 30, 2015, 02:20 PM
RE: The Outskirts - by Azaria - July 30, 2015, 03:02 PM
RE: The Outskirts - by Scarlett - July 30, 2015, 03:14 PM
RE: The Outskirts - by Azaria - July 30, 2015, 03:41 PM
RE: The Outskirts - by Scarlett - July 30, 2015, 04:39 PM
RE: The Outskirts - by Azaria - July 30, 2015, 05:08 PM
RE: The Outskirts - by Raziel - July 31, 2015, 04:38 AM
RE: The Outskirts - by Scarlett - July 31, 2015, 05:29 AM
RE: The Outskirts - by Azaria - July 31, 2015, 10:31 AM
RE: The Outskirts - by Raziel - August 01, 2015, 04:05 AM