Redhawk Caldera But you've got to come back a star
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
And now I can use this for chronicler!

It seemed that children—or perhaps just family in general—had taught Fox to listen… at least to them. Fox listened, trying to take in each point and break it down. It seemed Saena really had it out for both Fox and Peregrine. And for all the wrong reasons. "We did not abandon anyone. Dud and I went looking for a new home to raise our family—you. We invited Saena and her sister, Ty, along, but they chose not to follow. Junior—hell, that girl left the pack when she was about your age. If anything, she abandoned Dud." Maybe Peregrine just happened to produce very independent children. Or his whole family did, taking Bones into account as well.

"When we first got here, to the caldera, I fell and injured myself pretty seriously. I couldn’t move very much, which is why I wasn’t there when Dud went back to the plateau to tell them where we'd settled, to invite them along." Fox had never had a particularly sharp memory, but she liked to think that she had remembered at least the events that had affected her personally. "The whole of Blacktail Deer Plateau considers us traitors because we wanted our own lives, away from them. Ask Dante and Blue Willow all you want. But you should also know that Blue Willow wanted to have bastard children. She even went through with it, after we left. We saw very differently on that issue, and Blue Willow fought me on everything from the moment Dud took me in. Is that not abandoning your children before they are even born?" It certainly wasn't giving them the best life they could possibly have. And that was the way Fox had been taught to raise children: with everything possible in their favor.

"You’ll grow up to be whoever you are," Fox added, since that seemed to be a sticking point for Wildfire. "If you see Saena again, tell her to stop spreading lies." It was still possible that Wifi would take Saena's side (plenty others had believed her bullshit), but Fox wanted to believe she had a greater influence on her daughter.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Messages In This Thread
But you've got to come back a star - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 04:22 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by RIP Fox - August 10, 2015, 04:35 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 06:09 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by RIP Fox - August 10, 2015, 09:20 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 09:24 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by RIP Fox - August 10, 2015, 09:40 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 09:56 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by RIP Fox - August 10, 2015, 10:24 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by Wildfire - August 11, 2015, 08:02 AM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by RIP Fox - August 11, 2015, 09:54 AM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by Wildfire - August 11, 2015, 10:00 AM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by RIP Fox - August 11, 2015, 01:57 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by Wildfire - August 11, 2015, 02:03 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by RIP Fox - August 11, 2015, 02:39 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by Wildfire - August 11, 2015, 02:49 PM
RE: But you've got to come back a star! - by RIP Fox - August 12, 2015, 03:44 PM