Greatwater Lake La-dee-da, la-dee-da
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
mwahaha I'm gonna make this more realistic by not actually looking back at what happened.  Woo memory!

Everything suddenly made a hell of a lot more sense when Saena's name came forth, showing why this question came up in the first place.  That the two had interacted somewhat courteously made the Alpha glad.  He hadn't suspected Saena of the same anger her sister held, but that didn't mean emotions wouldn't run high.  Perhaps if the girl could no longer acknowledge her father, she didn't need to be without family entirely.  He wondered if perhaps a time would come when Saena would acknowledge Fox's children as siblings.  

He took in Fox's side with some interest.  He was hardly surprised she would interpret it in such a way, though he couldn't stop the chuckle that came forth.  "I can tell you one thing for sure - no one hated them for leaving.  At least I didnt."  He shook his head. It would be easier to tell it as it had happened, explaining all.  "When Peregrine and Fox left to find a new home, they told no one that this was their plan.  Not their children, nor Blue and I, who were their Betas at the time.  We had no clue they planned to leave, and our first news of it was when Peregrine announced to the entire pack he was leaving.  No individual warnings, no farewells... Just an ultimatum.  He couldn't even spare a few minutes to inform his family beforehand.  Ask them specifically."  

Dante then looked at her, gauging her reaction.  "Your mother isn't wrong... He did ask.  But he did it as an afterthought, with no real affection or effort.  Can you imagine if you found out your father was leaving with another mate, to start a new home, at the same time as the rest of the pack and feeling like he didn't care whether or not you came?"  He sat down, tail shifting thoughtfully in the grass behind him. "I don't think Peregrine meant it that way, but that was how it was taken."  And nothing had been done to rectify it.

"The only thing that I was angry about was being put on the spot like that.  A long time ago, I told Peregrine that I had no interest in leading... and yet, as he left, he informed the pack that Blue and I would be sorting out the issue.  It was a shock, and not a pleasant one."  He hesitated a minute. "Again, unintentional.  But the entire thing, it was a mess.". He had expected better and been let down.  Their leaving was never the issue - it was the lack of thought they had spared for the rest of their 'family' at the time. He knew he missed some of her questions, but she could request clarification, and he simply allowed the tale to sink in instead of trying to chase down her other queries.
Messages In This Thread
La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Wildfire - August 11, 2015, 08:39 AM
RE: La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Dante RIP - August 11, 2015, 11:01 AM
RE: La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Wildfire - August 11, 2015, 11:26 AM
RE: La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Dante RIP - August 11, 2015, 01:07 PM
RE: La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Wildfire - August 11, 2015, 01:18 PM
RE: La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Dante RIP - August 11, 2015, 02:13 PM
RE: La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Wildfire - August 11, 2015, 02:43 PM
RE: La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Dante RIP - August 11, 2015, 03:42 PM
RE: La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Wildfire - August 11, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Dante RIP - August 11, 2015, 10:18 PM
RE: La-dee-da, la-dee-da - by Wildfire - August 12, 2015, 08:23 AM