Blackfoot Forest Too hot for sunlight, I will take the shadows
Lurker
236 Posts
Ooc — Noire

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language.
Empathetic or not, Scarlett's closeness made him jump. What? What is she –Her assuasive tongue brushed across his muzzle, leaving a wet heat behind before tiptoeing away. Astonishment trumped awkwardness. W-what? Torpidly, her words barely reached him. Kapvik looked down, wide eyed and rattled, not knowing what to say, think, or do. The woman before him was little more than a stranger and yet she was consoling him? He has turned to the wilds in search of his friend. It was the perfect time to grieve, away from the faultfinding eyes of his pack mates. To them, emotion was weakness. In some circumstances, the wolverine would wholeheartedly agree, but now? Kapvik did not need nor want such abrasiveness. He needed compassion and certainty.
INDENTNo one back home has approached him to bestow either. True, he has not spent as much time there lately but neither has he averted their fellowship. Why would he? Rather, he is greeted by distance each time he slips back into Tartok's borders. No addressing, no sureness. Nothing. And yet, he prevailed. Why? Isn't it obvious? I don't fucking need their approval. Nanuk could stay up Iqniq's ass since she obviously preferred to be there. Echelon...well, he has no dispute with her, but her continued aloofness was unbecoming. Aegeus was a vagrant who rarely took part in providing for the pack. Tonravik...there was nothing wrong with her. Ever. She might be blind to her innermost circle's actus reus – and he may have to spell it out for her in the future – but she has done nothing to curry disfavor from the Epsilon. She and she alone is what made him stay.
INDENTSome might say he even loved her.
INDENTUm...” Frantic, trembling eyes looked into Scarlett's own. What should he say? What should he do? Closing his eyes, he took a profound breath before letting it go with a mitigated smile, eyes reopening. All the polarity, the strain – melted away in that moment. “Thanks. I...needed that.More than you'll ever know.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: warden_master.gif] [Image: healerMush.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: Too hot for sunlight, I will take the shadows - by Tatsuya - August 14, 2015, 09:54 AM