Swiftcurrent Creek all of my holy
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
She stood unmoving in the background, watching with a glazed stare as Lecter worked his diligent magic on Fox. There was no voodoo involved, she noticed, but she was in no state of mind to point it out. She was in no state of mind at all. She was, for all intents and purposes, catatonic as her shaman worked on the Alpha's wounds, only stirring when he seemed to have completed his task, and only a little at that. Her head lifted a mere inch when he approached, her eyes boring into his but devoid of feeling and understanding. Jinx heard him, the faintest twitch of her ears betraying that she was still alive in there. The part of her locked away behind impossibly thick walls responded to his address; he had never really called her that before. It would have made her feel queer and warm if she hadn't been so distant.

He wanted to help. They all wanted to help, but they all looked at her with those sad, pitying eyes, feigning sympathy but incapable of understanding how she really felt. Their mannerisms gave them away, so that the fiery Jinx on the inside recoiled from their advances, believing them all to be false. Perhaps, as unorthodox as it was, Fox was the only one who was honest. She had not come with condolences for Jinx, not like the others, though in fairness, neither had Lecter or any other. Not really. Unbeknownst to the Kesuk, Fox was relieved the pups had been aborted, and it was best for all involved if that fact remained hidden.

Unlike the few days prior, when Jinx would scuttle away from the advance of any wolf, she remained inanimate as he drew nearer. She picked up the concern in his gaze, recognized it as something other than pity, but failed to reach out to him. She was cocooned away to deal with the grief, and in the meantime, her body went through the motions of life, without any semblance of life behind those motions. There were still signs, however, that she hadn't completely slipped away from sanity, for as Lecter neared her, though she refused to pull away this time, her body trembled wildly.
Messages In This Thread
all of my holy - by RIP Fox - March 18, 2014, 08:24 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Jinx - March 18, 2014, 09:42 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Lecter - March 19, 2014, 01:27 AM
RE: all of my holy - by RIP Fox - March 19, 2014, 11:52 AM
RE: all of my holy - by Jinx - March 19, 2014, 12:14 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Lecter - March 19, 2014, 03:29 PM
RE: all of my holy - by RIP Fox - March 19, 2014, 05:28 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Jinx - March 20, 2014, 08:58 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Lecter - March 23, 2014, 04:23 PM
RE: all of my holy - by Jinx - April 08, 2014, 09:33 PM