Horizon Ridge ~Singing softly to the empty night~
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
It's ok. :p

She corrected his, yet again, wrong assumption, and Björn’s eyes took in her rounded sides once more, thoughtful. If she had delivered, shouldn’t the weight have been dropped with each child as they were pushed from her body? “I see,” Björn said simply, ready to move on from the topic of her ghost children and the fact that she could have deceived easily if she had wanted too - though the fault in that would have been found when she did not give birth. Nevertheless, it mattered little. They were her burdens to bear, not his. Each carried their own troubles, their own pasts like weights upon the shoulders; and if it was children she desired there was always another season, and plenty of males to see the desire seeded. “I hail from the North, yes,” Came the Viking’s response to her question, though he was not sure exactly what she meant by ‘as my father’s have’. There were several cultures to the North, though Björn would boast the Vikings the most feared among them. It may not have been something most felt to take pride in but he took pride in it nevertheless. They had made their marks with their raids, their brutality, their lack of moral compasses, and sometimes being feared was better than being loved. Love could weaken, could falter and fail but fear…fear was prevalent. Fear endured and lingered. “Odinn has seen me here.” Came a second, simple answer, with no intentions of elaborating upon the vision that had inspired it all, or just how much of a kinship and connection the Viking felt with the God.
Messages In This Thread
~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Nuka - March 26, 2014, 07:50 AM
RE: ~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Ragnar - March 26, 2014, 08:47 AM
RE: ~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Nuka - March 26, 2014, 09:37 AM
RE: ~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Ragnar - March 26, 2014, 10:20 AM
RE: ~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Nuka - March 26, 2014, 10:32 AM
RE: ~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Ragnar - March 26, 2014, 11:10 AM
RE: ~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Nuka - March 26, 2014, 11:21 AM
RE: ~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Ragnar - March 26, 2014, 12:56 PM
RE: ~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Nuka - March 26, 2014, 01:05 PM
RE: ~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Ragnar - March 26, 2014, 02:22 PM
RE: ~Singing softly to the empty night~ - by Nuka - March 26, 2014, 02:34 PM