The Fool (joining)
It's such a quiet thing to fall.
5 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Her stated observation had it's intended effect.  While she could not see the confusion in his eyes, Darrah could discern it's result from the pause that ensued and slight rise and fall in Elwood's voice. Her assumption had been correct.  Even though she had reached her paw though the proverbial door into Elwood's personal life, Darrah decided not to press the point any further.  She would learn in time— about all of them.  Instead, she focused on the situation at hand.

She let out a tired sigh.  "I am weary," she yawned, "and I've traveled far longer than an old woman should."  This place was her last chance.  Any more traveling would do her brittle form in. "I wish to stop. To live the rest of my days in peace.  Can you provide that?" A short pause ensued.  "But don't you dare make this a charity case,"  she added with a hint of bitter intonation before he could make any assumptions.  "Don't  give me your pity.  I do not want it.  I can make myself useful."  She cupped her ears forward as she waited for his response.
Messages In This Thread
The Fool (joining) - by Darrah - September 27, 2015, 10:06 AM
RE: The Fool (joining) - by Elwood - September 27, 2015, 07:33 PM
RE: The Fool (joining) - by Darrah - September 27, 2015, 10:44 PM
RE: The Fool (joining) - by Elwood - September 28, 2015, 12:07 PM
RE: The Fool (joining) - by Darrah - September 28, 2015, 06:53 PM
RE: The Fool (joining) - by Elwood - September 28, 2015, 09:17 PM
RE: The Fool (joining) - by Darrah - September 29, 2015, 04:31 PM
RE: The Fool (joining) - by Elwood - October 01, 2015, 09:45 AM
RE: The Fool (joining) - by Darrah - October 04, 2015, 10:38 PM
RE: The Fool (joining) - by Elwood - October 05, 2015, 11:58 AM