let me see through your eyes, where there's so much life
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
@Saena should totally jump in on this! Powerplaying location, PM me if you want me to change it!

The shift in climate was alarming, and with the cold came rain.  The torrent was unending. It seemed as if the sun had gone on permanent vacation, leaving only clouds and dark grey skies behind to pick up the slack.  But after days of downpour, the rain slowed to a near stop. The sky no longer sweat bullets upon the maplewood; instead, it offered a light misting, coating everything in thin film of damp.

Reek could feel it in his bones. The creaks, the aches.  It would only get worse with the coming cold, Reek knew. The slow crawl to winter was becoming a sprint.  There was much to do, but the rain kept Reek suppressed.  He continued his standard duties, he hunted for the coyote pups, but the rest of the time— he spent it underground in order to avoid the hellish scene above.  

He stirred in the den as he lay next to his mate. The tension he had created by fostering the coyote pups still remained, but he solace in being by her side... and that she had come out of her encounter with the bear alive. Nudging his injured mate, Reek asked, "Wanna take a quick walk? I promise I'll go slow," before crawling out into the dampness.

As soon as his legs were free from the rocky entrance, he heard a familiar howl from the borders. His heart dropped in his chest.  "Goddamn it," he grumbled, not now.  He looked back to his mate and nodded for her to follow before setting off to see the sea witch.  

He found her looming by the border, ghostlike as always. Reek shot her a cold glance before snapping, "What do you want?" with biting intonation.
Messages In This Thread
RE: let me see through your eyes, where there's so much life - by Reek - October 02, 2015, 02:30 PM