Fox's Glade Now, With Nothing but a Dirty Bag On My Back
932 Posts
Ooc — Soap
Winter was coming. The crisp air and late autumn rains were a reminder of the snow and ice that would soon be upon them. He was admittedly not a creature of winter. The cold season did not excited him in quite the same way as his mate, but he knew that with the end of winter also came the birth of spring. All any wolf had to do was survive the snows and the world would be wonderful again. He could do that. He could wait out the frozen season. In order to do so, he would need to prepare. He'd have to see his pack through the toils of hunger and cold and trust his wolves were strong enough to survive and provide.

To do so, Iqniq required the added security of knowing what resources would be available to him and his. The last time he'd traveled in this direction from the Spire, he'd gotten no further than the meadow before he was distracted by the promise of a hunt. This time, he'd control himself through he noted Wapun Meadow was still rich with herds of pronghorn. The information was useful. When food on their mountain became scarce it was always good to know where other food lived. This area would serve them nicely, but he was curious as to what else these lands had to offer.

He ventured further and found himself tucked within the quaint shadows of a simple forest. The leaves were brilliant. The yellows, oranges, and reds were ablaze with the season. He could not deny their beauty. Admiring them now as he moved within the glade was something of a treat. Here the world was painted in the same hues as his own coat. He could not help but feel some sort of kindred connection to this place. Though truthfully, the smug smile upon his face was reserved for a private dialogue. There was a time and a place where his vibrant pelt were natural. He'd found it in this season. Too bad it couldn't last forever.

A moment in the brush brought his paws to pause. Halted, he scented the air lightly as a seriousness wrapped around him. Wolf. He was not alone in this wood. His eyes narrowed, focusing on the distance as he stalked the scent and sound. There. A female in the distance. Young from the looks of it and moving quickly. Perhaps they would pass each other by and be about their own business. Yes. It seemed the easier way of things. Still, his curiosity got the best of him. Fueled by his added camouflage of the season and his need for adventure, he stalked her from a distance.
Messages In This Thread
Now, With Nothing but a Dirty Bag On My Back - by Asterr - October 05, 2015, 12:26 AM
RE: Now, With Nothing but a Dirty Bag On My Back - by Iqniq - October 05, 2015, 01:06 AM
RE: Now, With Nothing but a Dirty Bag On My Back - by Iqniq - November 01, 2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Now, With Nothing but a Dirty Bag On My Back - by Asterr - November 12, 2015, 10:32 PM