Fox's Glade Now, With Nothing but a Dirty Bag On My Back
932 Posts
Ooc — Soap
She moved quickly. After a time her pace began to slow. He adjusted his own pace to match, doing his best to remain as stealthy as this forest environment would allow him. Here and there he had to slip away to avoid the crunching of fall leaves underfoot in order to take a more silent path. Then he'd find her again and follow. He was ever curious to know what it was she was up to and following her allowed him to explore and notate the various features of this forest too. He'd not been here before. He was curious as to what sort of prey might linger within these trees.

Eventually she noticed him. Or something. She turned around and he was quick to lower himself where he stood. The littering of leaves about him allowed his pelt to blend. It helped that the mud of the autumn rains had dirtied the creamy undersides of his coat. In this season, his camouflage was near perfect, but it helped considerably that the light breeze in the forest as turned in his favor.

He caught scent of her. None of the notable packs in this place graced her scent like a perfume. Instead she was drowned in an aroma that was uniquely hers. It was groomed of the various places where she'd traveled and this land was merely adding to it. Curious. Wolves usually sought a pack in these months so they might survive the winter. Was she looking or simply waiting to see how long it would take until she was forced to choose?

Her words slipped upon the air. A question. Slowly he rose, shaking off the debris which clung to him before he stepped forward. His posture was a strong one. Something worth of his rank, but perhaps downplayed by the crackles of leaves and moss that still clung to his underbelly. He was not nearly as regal as he perhaps should have been, but given the circumstances it was the best he could do. Iqniq looked to her for a moment before a sound crossed his ears. It was followed shortly thereafter by a scent he had not hoped to find. A silent snarl crossed over his lips as he turned and moved to trail after this new threat.
Messages In This Thread
Now, With Nothing but a Dirty Bag On My Back - by Asterr - October 05, 2015, 12:26 AM
RE: Now, With Nothing but a Dirty Bag On My Back - by Iqniq - October 06, 2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Now, With Nothing but a Dirty Bag On My Back - by Iqniq - November 01, 2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Now, With Nothing but a Dirty Bag On My Back - by Asterr - November 12, 2015, 10:32 PM