let me see through your eyes, where there's so much life
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Her answers were vague, as always. Caiaphas danced around the question in her typical cryptic fashion, much to Reek's chagrin. He shifted his forepaws uncomfortably in the damp soil and detritus. Sediment filled the cracks in his pads. He let out a frustrated huff and glared coldly at the waif. The fact that he was even speaking to her was a kindness. A kindness that would eventually wear thin. Nevertheless, there was some truth behind her cryptic ramblings— winter was coming. Whatever it had to do with the conversation at hand, that was another story.

"No shit Sherlock," he snapped dryly. Did she expect something from him? The ties they had shared died the moment she abandoned the wolves of Ankyra Sound. The moment she gave up on them, Reek did the same. But, what came next only served to confuse Reek even more. It was true, the sea held a bounty for those who could claim it... but why mention it? Why would she try to help the Maplewood? Reek took a step forward and cocked a suspicious brow.

It was bullshit.

He knew her; who she was. She wasn't a helpful soul, no. She was like Reek, and he, like her in turn. The two lived a parallel life— and it was best the two never intersect.  "I'm not going back to the sea Caiaphas. It's over," he huffed. "Why are you here?" he rephrased his initial question, but getting a straight answer out of the sea witch was like squeezing honey from a stone. Impossible.
Messages In This Thread
RE: let me see through your eyes, where there's so much life - by Reek - October 06, 2015, 10:56 PM