Horizon Ridge i do like to be beside the seaside
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Björn listened as the woman belatedly defended her leader, saying that she was sure that Fox knew of the packs that were far south of her, shouldering the blame for it by explaining to the Viking that she had came on the ‘doctor’s orders’. Sharp eyes flickered to her, writhing with darkness and danger that all Viking men had within them. “Are you ill?” The savage ceased his walking abruptly, moving to block her path as well. If she was ill, and if it was contagious, it was likely Björn would deny her further access and redirect her to Sealion Shore, instead. He would not put the wolves of Horizon Ridge in any more danger than they had already been in. A soft snort left him when she complimented him on his kindness; if she knew him in any shape or form she would not have called him ‘kind’. “No, I’m not,” Björn corrected her in a gruff murmur. “I am just in a good mood, today.” There was very little that was kind about him, and he did not want her running around with the wrong idea about him. Wrong ideas could lead to deluded fantasies of generosity or goodness that did not exist within the Pagan.

Björn found her following question to be prying and in that bothersome. He assessed her, sized her up, unknown of her intentions. Were they simply to bathe in the salt waters as she had said? Björn had told her of the landslide that cut them off from half of their lands only because it had been necessary to the purpose of explaining that there were no easy paths to cut through; that unless she wanted to scour the mountain she would have to retrace her steps to return home. Would, if he were to tell her the truth, that they had lost some in the landslide, if he were to tell her that their pack was nursing deep injuries, they attempt to take advantage of them? Under estimation was the best power in some ways, but as the pack’s resigning warden it was his job to keep a barrier between the world and them while they healed, and that was a big job for one man though Björn tackled it nevertheless. “No,” The lie slipped easily and convincingly from his lips. “We were fortunate that we did not.” Björn did not trust the woman and had deigned to keep the truth closely guarded within Horizon Ridge. If Pump, after they had rebuilt themselves and healed as a pack, chose to tell the truth, then that was on her, but until that point Björn would do his duty and keep them safe how he saw fit.

As they approached the lapping waves, the golden sand warm under his paw pads, he motioned for her to take her bath in the salt water while he stood in watch.

Messages In This Thread
i do like to be beside the seaside - by Bazi - March 29, 2014, 04:30 AM
RE: i do like to be beside the seaside - by Ragnar - March 29, 2014, 06:25 AM
RE: i do like to be beside the seaside - by Bazi - March 29, 2014, 07:56 AM
RE: i do like to be beside the seaside - by Ragnar - March 29, 2014, 09:20 AM
RE: i do like to be beside the seaside - by Bazi - March 29, 2014, 09:50 AM
RE: i do like to be beside the seaside - by Ragnar - March 29, 2014, 10:11 AM
RE: i do like to be beside the seaside - by Bazi - March 29, 2014, 01:18 PM
RE: i do like to be beside the seaside - by Ragnar - March 29, 2014, 01:41 PM
RE: i do like to be beside the seaside - by Bazi - March 29, 2014, 02:24 PM
RE: i do like to be beside the seaside - by Ragnar - March 29, 2014, 02:43 PM
RE: i do like to be beside the seaside - by Bazi - March 30, 2014, 06:18 AM