Blackfeather Woods Back then, when I stupidly took pride
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Fade soon?

Nemesis held back a frustrated sigh as she desperately wanted to show the kid his place. He's just a kid, he's just kid, she relayed in her head, willing herself to calm down. Xan's definite statement had caused her to grow in temper, unwillingly of course. Even though he was a child and his taunts were the same, something about had bothered her, scared her even. Nobody could take her place, no one would. Nobody could, she reminded herself, unsure to her own words. What if something happened, and she has demoted to the bottom once again? The thought she could not bear, and certainly could not fathom the thought of this.. runt, beating her at anything, let alone anyone else. Her pride was exhausting. 

Just by the look on his face, she could tell he was suspicious of her claim. But even still, he was too young to fully understand what the Brotherhood truly meant. Even thought she would never underestimate the kid, for some adults the valued meaning was too much to handle. Leaning down, her voice lowered, giving off the feeling that it was a secret. 

"Okay, i'll tell you. But you have to promise never to tell a soul," She warned, knowing how sensitive the Brotherhood was on it's information. Who knew what kind for contacts the kid had outside of Blackfeather, or what kind of others he would blabber to. 
"It's called the Dark Brotherhood, a cult of murderers, assassins and spies. And it resides in this very pack! Initiates have to be taught lessons on how to kill successfully and spy without being seen. Infact, i'm being taught how to be an Assassin right now," She smirked, even though the version she was giving him made her look like a god. 
"Ever so often, the Brotherhood will be asked to perform tasks by other pack who want their dirty work done. It's quite an honor to be one, and once you've completed the training, you receive a red paw print on your shoulder, just like the one your father has," She enticed, leading the kid on. She would have told him about the kind like Meldresi, the priests and priestesses but she didn't think Xan would be too interested in that. Even if he had heard of the Brotherhood from his father, being in Blackfeather made it better knowing he was surrounded by the best of the best. 
"But, you'll be even better if you start working on it now, I have a feeling you'll fit in with the rest, that is if you really want to" She drew out, knowing fully what his answer would be.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 07, 2015, 05:08 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 05:28 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 07, 2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 06:40 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 08, 2015, 12:31 AM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 09, 2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 09, 2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 09, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 10, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 11, 2015, 08:11 AM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 12, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 13, 2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 14, 2015, 05:16 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 18, 2015, 04:24 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 21, 2015, 06:10 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 22, 2015, 03:22 PM