Silvertip Mountain Your face-saving promises, whispered like prayers
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
As he sobbed onto his (unbeknownst to him) Uncle’s leg, Mason felt as though his feelings were spilling out of his fatigued body. It felt so good to cry to someone, not just to himself. As his emotions puddle around him in a blanket of spent tears, Steady lifted his large, black paw and gently encompassed the boy’s shoulders. Mason managed to quieten his sobbing a bit so  that he could listen and take in the wisdom of another male.

Oh crap. This was Dad’s brother? Fitz had mentioned he had accepted him a while back, but it hadn’t really clicked. What if they told each other everything like he and June did? Did that mean his Dad would be informed of his son’s heartbreak? A moment of vindictiveness hoped it would, and that his Dad would feel real sorry. 

Then the thought of Zaria being hurt hit him and he pushed his impassioned evilness to one side. Orange eyes blinked up at his uncle. He couldn’t quite grasp all of the sense that was being handed to him, but he would have to try and live on without Zaria. Dad had her now. Tears threatened again. He tried to speak and after a few hoarse croaks managed. “I want her to b-be happy… b-but I thought it w-was going to be me…” he looked down at his paws again, desolate. “You won’t tell Dad will you?” He whispered to his toes
Messages In This Thread
RE: Your face-saving promises, whispered like prayers - by Mason - October 22, 2015, 11:07 AM