Silvertip Mountain Your face-saving promises, whispered like prayers
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason shrugged, a little self-conscious when Steady apologised on behalf of Raissa. It wasn’t something he liked to talk about because it tended to make others pity him or feel uncomfortable. Steady reassured him that it didn’t make him less wanted. Not officially true – not for one wolf anyway – but he nodded in agreement. Another quiet “I know.” left his mouth, because he knew that Dad had wanted he and June enough for two parents. That sort of family drama had not had any ill-lasting effects thanks to the sense of family and love his Dad gave them.

Mason thought about Steady’s admission for a moment. He could agree that a male would be nice to pass on skills to (since he was male, this was easy to relate to). “So do you think girls are not clever and couldn’t learn your skills? What skills?” Mason inadvertently branded his Uncle sexist whilst asking him to relay what kind of ‘boy’ skills there were. As far as he was concerned, girls could be what they wanted to be. After all Bindi had been a good warrior. And FitzDutiful was a sensitive advisor.

“I talked to Dad and decided I wanna be a nurse. Like take care of the ill or older wolves. But I need to try and learn more about herbs.” He also needed to practice taking care of the elderly, but he didn’t think this was wise to suggest to Steady, who looked younger than Dad.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Your face-saving promises, whispered like prayers - by Mason - October 26, 2015, 07:22 AM