Mudminnow River what's this????
186 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn

"I already do,"
the soot-colored female smiled, staring down before shaking out her fur and looking down the river. She began to walk, making sure that Haven was following.

Ilya chuckled a little at the young wolf. "You'd always think there'd be something to do, but sometimes there just isn't enough," she murmured softly, shaking her head. "I usually have trouble finding things to do, I feel as though the pack always has enough food and our borders are usually secured. What else to do than explore the territory?" It was partically a joke, but serious enough. Ilya was beginning to spend a lot of time around the territory, looking for new things and tracking the old ones. The river was one of those things, and she quite liked it. It was cool to drink and soothing after a long trek from her den. 

Her stride halted momentarility, as if she'd forgotten how to step for a split second. "What's a human?" she repeated quietly, shocked. Somewhere in her she wasn't surprised that such a young wolf hadn't heard of a human before, especially in these territories where humans didn't inhabit. And thinking even further about it, Ilya remembered how different her past was from others. "Well..." she murmured, tilting her head and staring forward as she walked. "They aren't awfully big creatures, although some of them can be very overweight. They're taller than us, but rather weak," she explained, thoughtfully. "They don't have much hair, only on their heads and a bit on their legs,"  she continued. "You'd know, if you saw them. They don't look anything like us. They walk on two-legs and wear pelts to keep themselves warm," 

The she-wolf thought carefully as her tail swug behind her, remembering the vague interactions that she had with them as a pup, and the dreadful encounters she had when she was about Haven's age. "They don't seem like a threat, and up close they are quite kind and gentle. They don't have claws of sharp teeth... Or really even muzzles. But I'd never battle one. They carry these... Well, I'm not sure what they are. But they're loud, and it'll kill you without even touching you. Leaves a small crater wherever they aimed." Her thoughts sent a shiver down her spine. "I doubt you will down here, but if you ever come across a human; run."

"Oh," she remembered, shaking her head, "and they like to build these walls in the middle of rivers. I guess to keep the water for themselves? I've never understood it.  It's sort of like what a beaver does but more... strange... And for no reason, as far as I'm concerned," she shook her head again with disapproval. "Strange creatures, humans. I'm glad they don't inhabit near these lands."
Messages In This Thread
what's this???? - by Ilya - October 25, 2015, 10:42 PM
RE: what's this???? - by Haven - October 26, 2015, 05:05 PM
RE: what's this???? - by Ilya - October 26, 2015, 07:27 PM
RE: what's this???? - by Haven - October 27, 2015, 05:30 PM
RE: what's this???? - by Ilya - October 27, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: what's this???? - by Haven - October 29, 2015, 05:09 PM
RE: what's this???? - by Ilya - October 29, 2015, 06:10 PM
RE: what's this???? - by Haven - October 29, 2015, 07:27 PM
RE: what's this???? - by Ilya - October 29, 2015, 08:16 PM
RE: what's this???? - by Haven - October 30, 2015, 06:34 AM
RE: what's this???? - by Ilya - October 30, 2015, 03:26 PM