Blacktail Deer Plateau always been that way
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Malachi read nothing into her greeting and moved to return her gesture, but before he could, Eilidh had stepped away. The haste in her movement surprised him and he pulled back with a frown. The Mayfair had replaced her initial approach with one of more reserve, and Malachi eyed her with a pause of apprehension.

He lowered himself with slow caution and tried to ease back into a natural approach, whatever that meant for him. "Well, I'm... well, I suppose." A nervous smile twitched his lips and challenged his best effort to conceal his lack of practice in the social arts. He'd had an easy enough time with Pearl, but there was something about youth that made him uncertain, and twofold with Eilidh. "Well, I've been watching the mountain border, you know, the one that touches the burnt forest." His words began slow, but talking about his work was easy for him, and soon he found his words came more like they used to. "The ground looks to be holding up well, but it'll still be a while before it'll be safe to push the borders back to where they were before. The forest will need to regrow first, and most of that will happen once winter is over."

Because forestry must have been what Eilidh had meant when she asked him if he had done anything exciting with his life, but he thought little of it. "I trust you've been keeping yourself busy?" He noticed her growth with more clarity now that he could compare her height against his own. He'd noticed, even without her extra effort to make herself taller.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
always been that way - by Eilidh - October 04, 2015, 11:18 AM
RE: always been that way - by Malachi - October 11, 2015, 06:01 PM
RE: always been that way - by Eilidh - November 15, 2015, 01:37 PM
RE: always been that way - by Malachi - November 25, 2015, 11:40 PM
RE: always been that way - by Eilidh - December 22, 2015, 12:23 PM
RE: always been that way - by Malachi - January 03, 2016, 10:45 PM
RE: always been that way - by Eilidh - January 10, 2016, 03:12 PM