Wheeling Gull Isle i'll be unwinding down by the island
bitchcraft
17 Posts
Ooc —
The sea beyond her isle becomes more and more wild as the winds buffet them. And Tiamat is clearly a woman with little patience. Her average stature, thin though it is, would do what it could to push the little thing to the starved mouth of the beast should the answer not come soon... and it came sooner than she expected. It was as though the other could see the malignant light in her eye. Perhaps she had. It was no hidden thing, after all.

Tiamat ruminated further on the matter of this creatures life. "I must test your mettle as my scullion. All of mine will be given some small task to complete. And here is yours: linger on The Stormlands until this one overhead passes. There is shelter within; if you can find it in time, you may survive and walk with me yet." Tiamat wanted to inspire courage within the other. That the island might be swallowed whole by the storm was not mentioned; this was her terrible experiment. "You will survive," and if it were a lie, it was not obvious. Tiamat did not know, after all, but spoke with the conviction that her words were truth. They could be. "I simply do not abide by cowardice." A blatant lie, that; she was leaving, after all, due to her own cowardice, her doubts that this place would hold in a storm.

But the other need not know that. Let the other think her brave, think her strong. It was all for the better.

"Do not fear. This storm will pass within the hour. And I will find you then, and bring you to food." Her eyes held the other as though they were hands upon shoulders, comforting now, without the edge and hostility she had began with. Her ears flick and she steps backward, some, and gestures into the depths of her home. "Run. Find shelter. It is guaranteed within the caves you will find; where wind and water alike cannot touch you." And once the other did this, Tiamat herself would turn the opposite direction. "And do not look back. Those who look back are always defeated by what is behind them." In this case, the storm and more obviously, the premise of death.
Messages In This Thread
i'll be unwinding down by the island - by Tiamat - November 24, 2015, 05:15 PM
RE: i'll be unwinding down by the island - by Tuulikki - November 24, 2015, 05:43 PM
RE: i'll be unwinding down by the island - by Tiamat - November 24, 2015, 05:58 PM
RE: i'll be unwinding down by the island - by Tuulikki - November 24, 2015, 06:19 PM
RE: i'll be unwinding down by the island - by Tiamat - November 24, 2015, 06:37 PM
RE: i'll be unwinding down by the island - by Tuulikki - November 24, 2015, 06:54 PM
RE: i'll be unwinding down by the island - by Tiamat - November 24, 2015, 11:04 PM