Lost Creek Hollow lady in the water
bury my love in moondust
70 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
iThe coyote spots her and drawls on about something that takes Root a second to realize is reprimanding. Her brows burrow between her leafy green eyes, adjusting his posture so she stands once more at full height.  The coyote is small compared to her, or other wolves, but he’s going on like he’s allowed to complain.  His teeth shimmer wet with saliva and Root’s own lips curl in disgust as he rambles, bristling himself up to make it look like he’s bigger than he is.  He still doesn’t compare.

Root remains still, watching the creature, but she doesn’t attack.

“If you’re supposed to be here, why are you so defensive?” she asks with a slight tilt of her head. Her ears cup forward and sh turns her body as if she might start to circle him.  “You were sneaking to… wherever it is you were going,” she reminds him.  

While she doesn’t advance on the predator just yet, she doesn’t leave him alone or give in to what he’s spitting.  He smells like the scents that linger on the borders of the pack but is that proof enough to warrant belief?  With a dissatisfied hum, she cranes her head slightly as she takes a step forward.  “I think if there were a coyote allowed to live here, I’d be informed about it before they let you loose, don’t you think? The alternative doesn't seem wise.”

Root doesn't give the coyote long to answer before she dashes off after him, chasing him out of the territory.
Messages In This Thread
lady in the water - by Barton - December 02, 2015, 10:41 PM
RE: lady in the water - by Root - December 02, 2015, 11:00 PM
RE: lady in the water - by Barton - December 02, 2015, 11:17 PM
RE: lady in the water - by Root - December 07, 2015, 07:14 PM