Neverwinter Forest And I'm ready to soar
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Bumping this quickly on account of it getting old, ehe @FitzDutiful

The reasoning behind his trip to the forest did not shock her, for it was the answer she’d been expecting. It did not concern her, really—in fact, it would have been more concerning had their presence been ignored altogether. As he continued, it dawned on her that she was standing before the father of the boy she’d met. Judging by the way he spoke, she couldn’t help but presume that whatever issue had transpired between them had since been resolved, but never would she ask for true confirmation. It was a family affair, after all, and she had no business butting into it. Thereby, with that ejected from her thoughts, she was able to properly take in his words. The first response she gave was soundless, being nothing more than a smile and a soft shake of her head. When thinking of founding a tribe of her own, the mental picture appealed to her greatly, but the trees that surrounded them currently simply wouldn’t do. “I am certain your pack is lovely,” the girl began, following the male’s lead and sitting as the words danced off her tongue. “But I do not believe it is the place I am meant to be at.” It was a home that already held strong bonds throughout it, and the last thing she wished to do was intrude upon their family.

Asterr glanced away for a moment, her silvery gaze scanning the space around them. It was a decent woodland, but something about it didn’t quite fit the home she had in mind for herself. “When the time is right, I will settle down and start a tribe of my own.” Her tone was soft, almost sounding as if her soul itself was elsewhere. Deeper into the land, perhaps, already settling upon the earth she would someday call home. It was then she grew silent, allowing for the seconds to tick by as she recollected her straying mind, before turning and resting her eyes on the pallid figure once more. “The place I will settle at is not here in these woods, however, so you need not worry about anyone competing against your family.” Even if she had felt an unyielding attraction to the brush beneath her paws and the canopy above, the close proximity to another’s homeland would always be enough to have her moving along. It was foolish to settle so close to someone else’s land, she believed, and would in no way benefit either side.

“My companion and I will be leaving soon,” the dragon apprised. “I believe he has healed enough to start traveling again and, if he agrees with my judgement, we will be departing within the next few days.” It’d been far too long since she’d allowed herself to wander across the land freely, so the sooner they were able to head out, the better. “I do apologize for our staying as long as we have. While I hunted only small prey and what birds I could find, I can’t help but wonder if that affected your food source in some way. If it did, by some stroke of poor luck, I give my condolences to anyone who may have suffered due to that.” As always, her words were sincere, the apologetic tone she’d taken on being something that was unable to be forged.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
And I'm ready to soar - by Asterr - December 06, 2015, 08:01 PM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by FitzDutiful - December 08, 2015, 08:57 AM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by Asterr - December 08, 2015, 02:15 PM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by FitzDutiful - December 09, 2015, 04:14 AM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by Asterr - December 09, 2015, 11:03 PM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by FitzDutiful - January 07, 2016, 03:59 AM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by Asterr - January 08, 2016, 05:46 PM
RE: And I'm ready to soar - by FitzDutiful - January 09, 2016, 11:25 AM