Firefly Ravine I thought we got each other's hearts
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
If her heart wasn't thrumming with panic, if adrenaline wasn't rushing through her veins and blanking out her conscious mind, she would've called him an imbecile. If she'd been in his shoes, she would've turned and walked the other way. A wounded animal could do more damage in two seconds than a seasoned warrior could manage throughout an entire fight, and though she was doing her best to hide it, there was no way to conceal the slightest limp every time her rib screamed with agony.

She snapped her jaws again, and as Sebastian picked up speed, so did she. Her injured rib was on fire, her legs were on fire, but they still functioned. It sucked but Saena wasn't going to let him touch her, not today.

He sealed his fate by charging, but he wasn't close enough thanks to her continued sidestepping to have his intended effect. The white female hunkered down, still stepping back toward the mountains as rapidly as she could, and when Sebastian dove, she drove her fangs toward his snout. A quick two-step back was enough to keep her out of range of his fangs, at best a grazing scrape against her raised limb that she didn't notice in the adrenaline high, but now he was up close and personal, and she was wild with panic. She struck again and again for his face, snapping and spitting with rage and uncaring whether she flayed any skin at all so long as he backed the hell up. She was a caged rattlesnake, proving once and for all that her claim to the warden trade was a sound one. As a defensive fighter, he was unlikely to strike more than a passing blow while she continued retreating, but as an animal wounded with all sense lost to fear, she was as unpredictable as a hurricane if he remained in close proximity.

Sebastian thought he had the upper hand here—else he would not have approached her—but Sebastian might very well be the one in danger himself if he remained here and continued pressing his luck with her. Her first priority was getting away, but her snarl was so intense it was almost a screech, her eyes were wide and mad with pain and fear for her life, and her hackles were lifted into high peaks along her spine—the most wild she'd ever looked, and her mood matched her appearance.
Messages In This Thread
I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 12, 2015, 01:27 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 12, 2015, 06:56 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 12, 2015, 08:12 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 13, 2015, 06:55 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 13, 2015, 09:33 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 13, 2015, 12:29 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 13, 2015, 12:46 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 13, 2015, 06:27 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 13, 2015, 07:38 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 14, 2015, 06:43 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 16, 2015, 12:48 PM