Firefly Ravine I thought we got each other's hearts
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena couldn't afford to look away from Sebastian, but the quickest of sidelong glances put the ravine well out of reach. Good. She needn't worry about that. The ocean to the left was nothing but cliffs as well, so she adjusted her rapid sidestep to put her further out of reach of the cliff. The only place to go now is the mountains, but having lived on one for a while and having been born on a plateau, Saena believed in her ability to lose him among the crags. It was a dangerous place to go in her condition but it was her only choice.

Still, she wasn't thinking very rationally, so while she puffed herself up larger and lunged at him to counter any attempt he made to reach her flesh, she was mostly responding to threats, not thinking about how best to get away. Every lung was met with a quick scuttle to the side, every attempted bite countered with a vicious snap of her own. Sebastian wasn't gaining any ground with her, nor was she gaining any ground in escaping. The mountain was looming nearer and nearer and she still didn't have a plan of escape.

But all she needed was one over-extension, one attack to drive him back, and she could turn and run. It wasn't much of a plan. She was injured, but with so much epinephrine flooding her system that she felt dizzy from stress and panic, she wouldn't feel it until much later, so it was probably the best plan even if it was sloppy. Escape would be easy, if only she could make him draw back for the split second she needed. Until then, her only goal was keeping him at bay until she reached the mountain, her only attacks were made to ward off his own. Determined to pull it off, the alpha female hunched her shoulders and moved faster.
Messages In This Thread
I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 12, 2015, 01:27 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 12, 2015, 06:56 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 12, 2015, 08:12 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 13, 2015, 06:55 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 13, 2015, 09:33 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 13, 2015, 12:29 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 13, 2015, 12:46 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 13, 2015, 06:27 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 13, 2015, 07:38 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 14, 2015, 06:43 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 16, 2015, 12:48 PM