Firefly Ravine I thought we got each other's hearts
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Desperation saved Saena from what seemed to be a certain end.

When he flung sand from somewhere on the loamy earth, it did connect with her face and some of it did make it to her eyes. Blinking wildly, the alpha female swung her head side to side, her steps faltering just long enough for Sebastian to close the distance. But she was as she was—a caged animal with everything to lose—and so his lunge, destined for the side of her neck, was met with fierce rebuttal.

She swung her head in a wide arc and snapped her jaws so hard that the force of it rattled her skull. If she connected, the very power behind her frantic bite would've been enough for her teeth to tear clean through whatever chunk of flesh was in the way, preventing him from reaching her neck but probably allowing his teeth to connect somewhere much less vital and much easier for her to pull away from. If it didn't connect, it meant Sebastian was wise enough to draw back his head. Either way, it was all the opening that she needed.

Saena turned with a hiss of pain, felt teeth digging into her backside, and tore free. She wasted no time; she fled, summoning all the power in her legs from hours and hours of hunting to carry her swiftly away from Sebastian. Tears sprang to her burning eyes as her broken rib pulled and twisted and the new wounds on her leg and backside protested, a feral screech of pain surely rent from her muzzle, but she didn't stop. It was a wonder she didn't pass out, but somehow, her will to survive was stronger even than the pain.
Messages In This Thread
I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 12, 2015, 01:27 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 12, 2015, 06:56 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 12, 2015, 08:12 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 13, 2015, 06:55 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 13, 2015, 09:33 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 13, 2015, 12:29 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 13, 2015, 12:46 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 13, 2015, 06:27 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 13, 2015, 07:38 PM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Sebastian - December 14, 2015, 06:43 AM
RE: I thought we got each other's hearts - by Saēna - December 16, 2015, 12:48 PM