Horizon Ridge I can be you're saving grace if you'll let me
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I'm not sure! I'm sure it'll come out on it's own eventually. ;p Sorry this is so short!

Thistle was right though Ragnar was loath to admit it. The death of his and Dagmar’s children had been the decree of the Allfather and he knew that, of course he knew it, it had, after all, been the only time he had felt anger at Odinn. Odinn in return had brought him Týr, wiping the Amazon Prince’s memory allowing the transition to Viking to be easy for him for surely the captive boy would have resisted. It had been enough for Ragnar and eventually he had began to feel the affection towards the boy that he would have felt for any of his true born sons. For the majority of what Thistle said, Ragnar chose not to comment upon, tired of discussing things that were inherently private to him. He didn’t have to explain himself to her, and she could be as angry with him as she liked. It would not change him, or his beliefs. She did not understand because she was not a Viking, and he felt no need in exhausting himself with attempting to make her understand. He and his ilk led brutal lives with brutal laws, did ruthless acts in the name of their Jarl and their Gods. It was the way it always been and would always be. “A shield maiden is just a name for a female warrior - the ones who fight beside us in battle.” He explained simply, giving her a casual shrug of his shoulders. Like Berserker it was just a title, something to call that which they were.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I can be you're saving grace if you'll let me - by Ragnar - April 12, 2014, 06:09 AM