Whitebark Stream it is my fate to be between heaven and earth
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Without truly intending to, upon her return from burying her catch — a scraggly fox — in the cache she was working on building in preparation for the wolves that would soon occupy Sleeping Dragon she found herself following the scent of Thuringwethil, her soon-to-be co-queen. Never before had Gyda heard of two females leading as alpha's but this simply made her excited for it. She trusted Thurin with her life for they had grown together — not totally but Gyda had been young the first time she had made the trek to Odinn's Cove though Nerian (her companion and father's priestess wife) had not returned but instead sought solstice in the Cove's sister pack: Freyja Moor. They were far from strangers though their respective rises to leadership had made it more difficult for them to spend time together. 

Her scent was easy enough for Gyda to follow, though the silver draped Scandinavian had not expected the sounds that caused her ears to cup forth, attentive as she neared. There were scuffling of paws against the snow, and another scent that twined with Thuringwethil's beside the metallic scent of blood. A stranger. Male. Loner. Her pace quickened without her willing it to do so, tail raising above her spine on instinct as hackles bristled, her lips curling back from her teeth as she neared and witnessed as Thurin fell beneath the monochrome colored male. Get off of her!” The Viking Queen demanded with clear authority though she gave no chance of choice for she began her charge at him, backing up her words with action, hardly intimated by the fact that he was significantly bigger than her.

Gyda, who had been trained by two of the best Berserkers Odinn's Cove had ever known, was not easily intimidated and had a distinct advantage that she did not fear death. To die in battle was the most honorable way her people could go though the shield-maiden had no intentions of dying today; neither did she intend to let Thuringwethil be killed — or further hurt, either.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
it is my fate to be between heaven and earth - by Antumbra - January 10, 2016, 11:59 AM
RE: it is my fate to be between heaven and earth - by Gyda - January 11, 2016, 04:14 PM