Sleeping Dragon it exists in a finished world, beyond the reach of common sense
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
Lucani had no problem with Thuringwethil's blunt style of command — she was not put off by it, and had never been one to think that negotiations between an Alpha and a lone wolf should be rife with roses. She thought it admirable that one so young should hold herself with such confidence, and believed that her authority was not unfounded.

She was especially intrigued to learn that the pack was being led by not one but two females, and fully intended to say as much. Progression for young females was one of her key interests.

"My life", she repeated obligingly, and rose smoothly to join Thuringwethil in a walk, "is four years so far, all of them spent in a far-northern pack called Weatherside. I was a herbalist there, and content until a new leadership put into force a new, gender-divided lifestyle that disadvantaged females. I objected best I could, but ended up leaving in protest. So you see", she concluded as they walked further from the river, "I'm happy to find a pack founded by two females. It's promising". She offered a rare smile.

"I'm also happy to learn your culture, though I have to admit I obviously can't say at this stage if I'll take well to it, as I don't know what it entails. I suppose we'll have to see — if my skills suit your needs, of course", she added humbly. "My strength is as a botanist", Lucani continued, answering Thuringwethil's query, briefly turning her eyes from the black wolf to glance at passing foliage — "Douglas fir, foxtail lichen, lead lichen..." she identified each in turn, "I know my flora well, and I can also put medicinal qualities of herbs and plants to good use". Lucani had been quite the healer at Weatherside. She hadn't noticed Thuringwethil's faint limp at this point because she was too focussed on her face and words.

"I'm also as good a hunter as the next person, and some have told me I'm quite the mediator. But I should say", she added after a second, "in the interest of full disclosure, I'm a rather poor tracker. I understand a pack just starting out may be in need of a jack of all trades, and I feel I should be honest with you and admit I'm not quite that."
Messages In This Thread
RE: it exists in a finished world, beyond the reach of common sense - by Lucani - January 12, 2016, 01:20 PM