The Sentinels If I never get to see the Northern lights
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Dante's answer didn't surprise Osprey too much - he was in his prime and the land that they lived on and which had provided them quite well this winter, gave hope that there might be enough resources to feed more mouths later. And since her mate was such a high ranking and well-respected member of the pack, she didn't see any reason, why Lasher and Blue would deny them having offspring. 

So the decision was hers really and there was part of her that really wanted to give another shot and have a proper family. Then there was the side that dreaded the consequences - what if everything went bad? Another episode of sickness, a litter of still-borns. In that case the sorrow would not be entirely hers anymore, he would be heart-broken as well. And then what? She did not dare to think that far. 

"I might not have many springs left," she replied. It was true - she would be five this March, middle-age wolf and she knew that at some point the whole process of going in heat would stop. "So, as much as I would like to dwell on past and wait until I am 100% ready, we might miss our chance," and maybe the only way to move on was taking that dangerous turn and see, what future held for them. "And I want to have a family that's entirely my own, after all," she finished. As much as she loved her friends and their kids, they would never be as close to her kin.
Messages In This Thread
If I never get to see the Northern lights - by Dante RIP - December 25, 2015, 09:54 PM
RE: If I never get to see the Northern lights - by Osprey - December 27, 2015, 01:49 PM
RE: If I never get to see the Northern lights - by Dante RIP - December 28, 2015, 02:27 AM
RE: If I never get to see the Northern lights - by Osprey - December 31, 2015, 04:56 AM
RE: If I never get to see the Northern lights - by Osprey - January 09, 2016, 05:42 PM
RE: If I never get to see the Northern lights - by Osprey - January 11, 2016, 03:21 PM
RE: If I never get to see the Northern lights - by Osprey - January 16, 2016, 01:49 PM
RE: If I never get to see the Northern lights - by Osprey - January 18, 2016, 04:10 PM
RE: If I never get to see the Northern lights - by Osprey - January 21, 2016, 03:05 PM
RE: If I never get to see the Northern lights - by Osprey - January 24, 2016, 02:20 PM