Nocturne Summit I wish you
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Wildfire's response confirmed that the Caldera still existed, at least— and Magpie was surprised to realize she hadn't thought of the possibility that it might not always exist until that moment. The Corvidae were travelers by nature, never keeping to one territory for too long, but Magpie had come to believe the Wilds operated differently. That once a claim was had, it remained there endlessly. It was odd, but it sort of upset her to realize that it wasn't the case.

She almost missed Wildfire's next statement, lost in these thoughts, but her own brows furrowed in concern. That sounded... bad. The urge to race to her sister's side was nearly overwhelming, then, but she settled for asking, "I'm sorry to hear that, Wifi. How's your mom holding up?" Of course, she was worried for Peregrine, but her blood demanded more concern for Fox.

Her niece moved on to speak of her own life updates, and Magpie's tail swept softly with gladness— but the sobering news left a shadow over the atmosphere. "That's great," she still managed to say, enthusiasm tempered but apparent. "I'm not sure how long I'll be in the Wilds," particularly now that she felt the need to be there for her sister, "but maybe you could show me around Moonspear sometime, and I can help you practice rabbit-hunting."

Magpie, herself, had abandoned the hunter trade upon leaving the Caldera— becoming a hunter always seemed more Peregrine's decision than hers, and she thought she'd go for Outrider and Naturalist if she were to settle here in the Wilds. They were much more a reflection of her true self, and she was determined not to allow anyone to keep her from it.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
I wish you - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 10:43 AM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 19, 2016, 11:44 AM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 12:23 PM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 19, 2016, 01:50 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 02:00 PM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 19, 2016, 02:15 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 20, 2016, 09:10 AM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 20, 2016, 12:34 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 20, 2016, 01:29 PM
RE: I wish you - by OG Magpie - January 20, 2016, 03:49 PM
RE: I wish you - by Wildfire - January 21, 2016, 09:01 AM