Silvertip Mountain Children running from their school
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
This might screw some stuff up O WELLZ

That was the clincher. She was found out. Jinx claimed to be crafty, or at least behaved like she was, but she was as stupid as her mother. She was easily manipulated, more than she let on and definitely more than she realized. So when Fox's singular question was posed, it served as a confirmation that the Alpha knew what was going on. It might have been nothing but a suspicion on Fox's part, but Jinx mistook it for absolute, 100% knowledge.

Her shoulders slumped slightly at the realization she had been bested at her own game. "No," she admitted, twitching back her ears. "I resolved the next weak leader I faced, I would overthrow. I told you as much when you stepped up. I meant to do it with Horizon Ridge's Alpha when he proved useless in his role, but hesitated when I realized the pack was too biased to accept my lead... And the shaman had returned." She never mentioned that she and Lecter had tied the knot. It never entered her mind. "I could not return to my homeland without bringing ruin... So say Sos and Atka. But my blood sings for what I had there. I thought Lethe could reconstruct it, but I was wrong. It is your pack now, truly, and it is because you are strong that I choose to do this rather than to challenge that fact. You, after all, have earned it. My qualms are not with you."

What was this, then? This was her withdrawal from Swiftcurrent Creek, more or less. Part of her expected backlash for confirming what she believed Fox already knew. Another part of her expected the red-haired woman to understand her reason without her having to blatantly state it, but the tiny bit of logic she possessed doubted that very much.
Messages In This Thread
Children running from their school - by Jinx - April 03, 2014, 06:44 PM
RE: Children running from their school - by RIP Fox - April 03, 2014, 08:28 PM
RE: Children running from their school - by Jinx - April 03, 2014, 11:52 PM
RE: Children running from their school - by RIP Fox - April 07, 2014, 07:18 PM
RE: Children running from their school - by Jinx - April 13, 2014, 01:22 PM
RE: Children running from their school - by RIP Fox - April 13, 2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Children running from their school - by Jinx - April 13, 2014, 08:53 PM
RE: Children running from their school - by RIP Fox - April 13, 2014, 09:05 PM
RE: Children running from their school - by Jinx - April 13, 2014, 10:31 PM
RE: Children running from their school - by RIP Fox - April 14, 2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Children running from their school - by Jinx - April 14, 2014, 01:45 PM