Sleeping Dragon life should be lived to it's fullest
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
The look Gyda gave Thuringwethil was a mix of coy and affectionate. “I worry about you,” The Scandinavian corrected the other women. Gyda was silent but offered a contemplative nod when Thuringwethil confirmed that Lucani had a big hand in the healing of her wounds. “Perhaps I shall seek her council and work on what little I know,” Having basic knowledge of healing was something that Gyda could do even if her desires for trades had shifted on their axis. She was not the same wolf she'd been when she'd been a small girl, she had grown much since being Ragnar's viking princess. She was no princess but a queen. She had never saved a life but instead had taken one. She was a protector, a shield-maiden. The flowery girl of her childhood was long gone ...a distant, slightly embarrassing, but charming memory.

When their conversation moved the one of Thuringwethil's male recruits: Smoke, she became serious and the small smile that had tugged the corner of her lips upwards settled into an expression of stoic contemplation. She heard the ebony Heda's thoughts, knowing that while she should keep Thuringwethil's opinion in mind not to draw conclusions when she had yet to meet him for herself. “I can understand,” And she did. Joining a pack and being a commoner after she'd became Queen had not even once been a consideration. It would have been...would Stavanger Bay and Ragnar still be around. If Ragnar were still alive she could say with certainty that she would not have been standing here now.

But those thoughts were nothing short of hypothetical and the “what if's” served no purpose to her, other than to pick at the wound that was healing achingly slow as it was. “He can transition, we can give him time but he has no choice but to recognize our rule and authority now or I will chase him from these lands myself.” It made her uneasy to know that her rule would potentially be questioned by another because they'd once held a similar position and therefore though they knew better. She would not have her authority challenged, nor would she see Thuringwethil's challenged, either.

If there was one thing Gyda didn't do well with ...it was insubordination.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
life should be lived to it's fullest - by Gyda - January 19, 2016, 05:09 PM
RE: life should be lived to it's fullest - by Antumbra - January 19, 2016, 07:12 PM
RE: life should be lived to it's fullest - by Gyda - January 20, 2016, 05:58 AM
RE: life should be lived to it's fullest - by Antumbra - January 21, 2016, 07:33 PM
RE: life should be lived to it's fullest - by Gyda - January 22, 2016, 04:29 PM
RE: life should be lived to it's fullest - by Antumbra - January 24, 2016, 10:03 PM
RE: life should be lived to it's fullest - by Gyda - January 26, 2016, 06:58 PM
RE: life should be lived to it's fullest - by Antumbra - January 29, 2016, 09:03 PM
RE: life should be lived to it's fullest - by Gyda - February 01, 2016, 04:49 PM
RE: life should be lived to it's fullest - by Antumbra - February 01, 2016, 05:39 PM