Silvertip Mountain So take your fast car and keep on driving
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason turned his eyes to Zaria when she immediately gave an answer with her usual cutting tongue.  Her thoughts unknown, Mason heard only approval – she wanted them both as Betas, which meant Mason too. The boy’s tail thumped once even as his Dad cut in to confirm this was true. It also meant Steady had had to ask for the position – Mason had been offered it. Perhaps this was why Steady had accepted immediately and Mason had waited – Sted had thought it all through and worked out he was ready before he asked. Mason had been unprepared and needed time to make sure he could cope. 

FitzDutiful’s words made more sense to Mason – it had also occurred to Mason that they made a good team. Steady was a warrior, a fighter, and a dependable guardian of all. Mason was a more careful wolf, looking to become a caregiver and Scout, ready to remedy both ailing wolves and pack relationships. “I thought so too, about us having different things to offer I mean. I think Uncle Sted will be great, he does deserve it.” Nothing but pride shone in his eyes. Even if Mason had decided not to take the position, he would not have thought of a more deserving wolf to lead in his stead.

Mason thumped his tail again and kept his eyes on his Dad’s face as he posed another thing he had been wanting to raise. “I think I have enough experience to request the Caregiver title. I have spent time speaking with a few other Caregivers on ways to look after poorly wolves. I know we don’t have any old wolves or puppies in the pack at the moment, but that might change.” Mason inadvertently pulled forward the Elephant in the room and dropped it between them all. He, of course, meant puppies when Uncle Sted finally found himself a woman who wanted them. He was still blissfully ignoring any possibility that Fitz and Zaria – the only mated pair – could possibly have puppies this year.

“And on my trip out I scouted a lot of territories and spoke with members of a lot of other packs. I would like to become a Scout, but I would still like to go out a bit more before I actually request that.”

Intentions made clear, Mason’s wide-set fire-eyes settled on his father’s nose as he waited for a Caregiver approval.
Messages In This Thread
So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Mason - January 23, 2016, 05:57 AM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Zaria - January 23, 2016, 06:26 AM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Mason - January 23, 2016, 05:34 PM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Zaria - January 24, 2016, 07:44 AM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Mason - February 01, 2016, 07:26 AM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Zaria - February 01, 2016, 03:16 PM
RE: So take your fast car and keep on driving - by Mason - February 17, 2016, 07:40 PM