I think you like it too
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Jinx trotted down from the higher reaches of Silvertip Mountain, descending with alarming speed thanks to running on a decline. Firmly gripped between her molars was a worn stick, roughly two feet long and thick enough to prop her mouth open. Ropes of her saliva wrapped around the stick and flecked from the sides of her lips, and flakes of the old bark fell onto her tongue, but she gave no indication of noticing. Although the Alpha looked ridiculous carrying it, she strode with a mighty purpose that erased any humour from it.

Soon, the Night of the Hare would come, and soon after that, the Moth Offering. Jinx wanted to get an early start on her offering for the moths, which she intended to be this stick covered in all manner of wild flowers, but to do so, she needed a tree that copiously bled sap to rub the stick against. The flowers would not stick to the wood of their own accord, but sap was sticky enough to hold them, and eventually would solidify into an almost permanent hold. She chose not to think about how the sap would inevitably end up all over her, as well.

Neverwinter Forest had been her first thought, since she remembered the towering conifers from her brief time there as well as her walk with Chakra. Half an hour of searching yielded one conifer that had a gaping wound in its bark, where liquid beads collected to signal the leeching of sap. Jinx eagerly approached the tree, chomped once or twice on the stick to readjust it somewhat, then rubbed her entire face against the tree's bark, hoping that the stick would contact the beads.

What Jinx didn't know was that the beads were an oily resin, not sap, which would almost instantly harden into a sticky polymer (rather than slowly like sap did) all over the side of her stick and her ear, which had contacted it as well.
Messages In This Thread
I think you like it too - by Jinx - April 16, 2014, 05:51 PM
RE: I think you like it too - by Tyrande Nightshade - April 17, 2014, 02:39 PM
RE: I think you like it too - by Jinx - April 18, 2014, 05:07 PM
RE: I think you like it too - by Tyrande Nightshade - April 18, 2014, 08:43 PM
RE: I think you like it too - by Jinx - April 20, 2014, 08:19 PM
RE: I think you like it too - by Tyrande Nightshade - April 20, 2014, 10:07 PM
RE: I think you like it too - by Jinx - April 22, 2014, 02:44 PM
RE: I think you like it too - by Tyrande Nightshade - April 23, 2014, 08:00 AM
RE: I think you like it too - by Jinx - April 30, 2014, 12:32 PM
RE: I think you like it too - by Tyrande Nightshade - April 30, 2014, 04:05 PM
RE: I think you like it too - by Jinx - May 08, 2014, 08:30 AM