Phoenix Maplewood the old wolf remembers
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Having established peace between them, the grandmother returned to her previous place, regaining a touch of comfortable distance. Boris and Firtha remained listening behind her like two sentinel trees. It seemed Reek had as much acknowledgement for them as Shreya did, speaking despite them, but they didn't mind. They were obedient, Firtha because it was her way, and Boris because this meant he could finally shake off the old nuisance and return to Oak Streams to claim his reward — breeding rights with his girlfriend. He knew he didn't want any Reeks of his own.

So Cato, the good one, was not so good after all. This was a disappointment, and Shreya sighed to know it. I take the blame, she claimed after a moment of contemplation. I sent them away too soon, or raised them with the wrong ideas. It feels like eons ago to me, but to you my sons must still be fresh in your mind. It was her way of sympathising, and showing that she understood if he was resentful.

On the other hand, so far this Reek seemed neither an Adric or a Cato. Interesting. And so was a certain revelation that made her raise her crooked brow. You have a mate? She didn't disguise her surprise, not believing it to be unduly rude. I suppose looks aren't everything. You must have a big willy, like your grandfather. Or, dare I theorise — a head on your shoulders. Would I be right in my feeling that you hold a good rank among the wolves of the forest behind you? If so, she was impressed. She'd never heard of a Reek quite like this one.
Messages In This Thread
the old wolf remembers - by Shreya - February 21, 2016, 05:18 PM
RE: the old wolf remembers - by Reek - February 21, 2016, 10:48 PM
RE: the old wolf remembers - by Shreya - February 22, 2016, 06:16 AM
RE: the old wolf remembers - by Reek - February 22, 2016, 10:24 AM
RE: the old wolf remembers - by Shreya - February 22, 2016, 11:03 AM
RE: the old wolf remembers - by Reek - February 22, 2016, 12:29 PM
RE: the old wolf remembers - by Shreya - February 23, 2016, 05:46 AM
RE: the old wolf remembers - by Reek - February 23, 2016, 10:47 AM
RE: the old wolf remembers - by Shreya - February 23, 2016, 01:21 PM
RE: the old wolf remembers - by Reek - February 23, 2016, 11:46 PM
RE: the old wolf remembers - by Shreya - February 24, 2016, 12:12 PM