Silverlight Terrace I'll send an SOS to the world
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Had he not been so desperate for help, Mason might have clutched his anger to himself like a shawl and kept the animosity going. As it was, he needed something from Charon, and he hoped he could get it if he played the game. Troubling thoughts of his Dad and Zaria being in trouble rose unbidden in his mind and chased off most of the aggravation. Charon still sounded extremely peeved but Mason took this to be his 'neutral' personality. Some wolves were just boring and grumpy; maybe the Moonspear Alpha was one of these humourless sorts.

Trying not to take the cold tone  to heart, the boy took comfort in the fact that Charon had at least released him. Mason shifted so that his body angled back away from his companion slightly, but he kept himself low and submissive. He gazed at the freckled cheek of his superior and spoke. Sensibly, he tempered his tone to match his posture this time. "A new pack has set up camp right at the edge of our packlands and they haven't been very happy to change their location so far. My Dad has puppies on the way, and he's worried they might start picking fights. I promised I would look into escape routes, just in case really. I know it's a lot to ask but..." Mason's expression bubbled with sadness and worry, a frown etching on his brow "I wondered - if things got too much for my step-Mom and we needed to evacuate her and my new brothers or sisters - whether we might be able to travel safely through your lands, to get us south of you, towards Broken Antler Fen... I've been warned away from Blackfeather woods and I'd rather her travel through a safe territory when she's so vulnerable, if it came to it." Now that he had a task at hand he found his voice more steady, but his heart thrummed with nervousness as he tried to gauge Charon's expression. He didn't want to sound overly presumptuous - but he knew his Dad at least had some sort of rapport with Charon and Mason hoped this would be held in better esteem than his own conduct.
Messages In This Thread
I'll send an SOS to the world - by Mason - February 24, 2016, 08:03 AM
RE: I'll send an SOS to the world - by Charon - February 24, 2016, 08:29 AM
RE: I'll send an SOS to the world - by Mason - February 24, 2016, 08:48 AM
RE: I'll send an SOS to the world - by Charon - February 24, 2016, 10:04 AM
RE: I'll send an SOS to the world - by Mason - February 25, 2016, 05:31 AM
RE: I'll send an SOS to the world - by Charon - February 25, 2016, 08:57 AM
RE: I'll send an SOS to the world - by Mason - February 26, 2016, 05:30 AM
RE: I'll send an SOS to the world - by Charon - February 26, 2016, 06:46 AM
RE: I'll send an SOS to the world - by Mason - February 26, 2016, 08:08 AM
RE: I'll send an SOS to the world - by Charon - February 26, 2016, 02:56 PM
RE: I'll send an SOS to the world - by Mason - February 26, 2016, 06:56 PM