Sunbeam Lair It feels good today
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Within the vast world, little things ever appeared of great danger to the girl. It was her upbringing, perhaps, the cause behind her lack of fear, that drove her to see few threats in her midst. She was not oblivious, anything but, actually, but merely preferred the good of the earth, rather than the bad. Her thought process was strange, to some degree, but oddities were the equivalent of norms to her. She had to stifle a chuckle at the male's words, if only because, to her, he couldn't be any more wrong.

"I could never picture you as being a danger to keep amongst us," the girl voiced, stealing a glance his way. "Instincts may drive us, even protect us at times, but that does not mean we are unable to fight against them." That's to say, on the off chance he ever lost control, she felt confident in his ability to harm no one within the tribe. "I know you will not harm me, nor any others within our home. You may think otherwise, but I... I am certain you could never do such a thing." As far as Asterr was concerned, she had all the necessary evidence to support her theory, too. It had been instincts controlling him during the encounter with their old neighbours, and yet, never had he turned his anger upon his fellow tribe mates. Even when she'd recklessly placed herself between him and the dark leader, he'd stopped in his tracks, rather than bulldozing right through her. Whether he'd realized it or not, Noctura possessed control, and such was a belief the dragoness would never let go of.

There was also another matter, or perhaps it was several. "I trust you, Noctura. I trust your judgement, your actions, that you would never turn on any of us." She couldn't even imagine him acting in such a way strongly enough that her opinion might be changed. "I value your presence here, too. I am certain that you will never cause trouble for us, and I could never imagine you leaving." Asterr did not want for him to leave, even on the off chance that it might be best for her tribe. Never in her life had she been selfish before, but where the man was involved... she felt herself deserving of serving herself, even if it was only a small bit.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
It feels good today - by Asterr - February 24, 2016, 12:31 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Noctura - February 24, 2016, 10:36 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Asterr - February 25, 2016, 12:42 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Noctura - February 25, 2016, 06:24 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Asterr - February 26, 2016, 01:14 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Noctura - February 29, 2016, 08:39 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Asterr - March 02, 2016, 12:43 AM
RE: It feels good today - by Noctura - March 02, 2016, 03:41 PM