Mudminnow River If only I could fish
Too small to be a proper planet...
36 Posts
Ooc — Beeb
With a splash of muddied water and the sound of a large mass breaking the surface of the water, a small coyote found himself barreling into the shallow stream and snapping his jaws wildly. He was trying to catch a fish, a minnow, to be more exact. There seemed to be many here, small forms slipping through the shadows of the water and collecting around strands of green, aquatic plant life. Despite the plethora of the little bastards, they were fast and small, which meant that catching them was difficult. Besides,  with all the energy spent trying to catch them, the energy they gave back while being eaten was pitiful. Even though he knew this, Pluto was much too stubborn to give up now. His grey pelt was soaked with cold water, slicking down his fur and highlighting his bony form as he panted and pulled himself from the frigid stream.

The coyote shook out his fur, spiking it outwards in all directions as he sat down along the bank, curling his tail around his hip as his dark gaze remained on the water. Ever so slowly, the minnows were returning to their original places to feed on algae, and Pluto wiggled his rump as he watched. This time instead of just leaping into the stream, he darted his muzzle forwards and snapped his fangs into the water before jerking his head back up into air. This proved to be much more successful, as minnows filled his maw as Pluto swiftly began to chew and swallow his catch. Swiftly the coyote continued this method, gaining several more mouthfuls of silver minnows before the group swam away for good and left Pluto by himself again.

With the salty, slimy taste of fish in his mouth, Pluto rose back to all four paws, shook out his pelt again, and began to pad along the stream banks lazily. He had no one to really return to and no one to take care of, and his traveling was on his time and his time only. This was his pattern: walk, eat, walk, sleep. Walk, eat, walk, sleep. He was always determined to be on the move and explore all the little nooks and crannies of this new land, and if he met new creatures along the way, so be it. Pluto's spiked, wet tail waved lazily behind him as his damp paws moved across the rocks and sands, gaze occasionally darting back down towards the stream to his left to check for more fish, partially because he was bored and partially because when you were constantly traveling, you could never have enough food.
Messages In This Thread
If only I could fish - by Pluto - March 13, 2016, 02:10 PM
RE: If only I could fish - by Lumar - March 17, 2016, 11:13 PM
RE: If only I could fish - by Pluto - March 18, 2016, 09:09 AM
RE: If only I could fish - by Lumar - March 18, 2016, 11:04 PM
RE: If only I could fish - by Pluto - March 18, 2016, 11:55 PM
RE: If only I could fish - by Lumar - March 19, 2016, 06:03 PM
RE: If only I could fish - by Pluto - March 19, 2016, 08:01 PM
RE: If only I could fish - by Lumar - March 25, 2016, 11:34 PM