Dawnlark Plains somebody catch my breath
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
As the sunlight faded away and gave way to a faint moonlit glow, Reek returned to the tree where he had dug his temporary shelter and lied in wait for Tavi's eventual return. A long day of recruitment left him tired, yet strangely satisfied with his handiwork. Perhaps if the day was longer, he would have pushed himself longer to wrangle more followers. It would be a long process of course, but allowing himself to focus on the lofty goal of establishing a new pack helped distract him from the heartbreak that he desperately tried to ignore.

Hours trickled away and Tavi had yet to return. Reek began to grow worried about her condition. Saena was the vengeful sort— there was no telling what she would do, but Reek knew whatever his ex-mate did, it would probably spell trouble for both of them.

Reek stretched his bony forelimbs inside his temporary den; a yawn escaped his widely parted jaws. He tried to think of other things to distract himself from certain grim realities. Soon, his headspace was occupied by the logistics of what it would take to establish his own pack from scratch. Nevertheless, as he thought about recruitment, the faint scent of Tavi in the air caught his attention. As she promised, she came back. But, noticing her scent was awash with the smell of blood, Reek's stomach lurched.

He poked his head out of his shelter to see her mangled and running away— past him and into the distance. "Tav!" he shouted, hoping it would draw her attention and bring her back to him.
Messages In This Thread
somebody catch my breath - by RIP Tavi - March 17, 2016, 02:03 AM
RE: somebody catch my breath - by Reek - March 17, 2016, 09:41 AM
RE: somebody catch my breath - by RIP Tavi - March 17, 2016, 02:03 PM
RE: somebody catch my breath - by Reek - March 17, 2016, 06:59 PM
RE: somebody catch my breath - by RIP Tavi - March 17, 2016, 07:41 PM
RE: somebody catch my breath - by Reek - March 17, 2016, 08:24 PM
RE: somebody catch my breath - by RIP Tavi - March 17, 2016, 08:29 PM
RE: somebody catch my breath - by Reek - March 17, 2016, 08:45 PM
RE: somebody catch my breath - by RIP Tavi - March 17, 2016, 09:14 PM
RE: somebody catch my breath - by Reek - March 17, 2016, 09:37 PM