Neverwinter Forest if the high was worth the pain
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
“Of course I will,” Kjalarr murmured softly to Kaskara when she expressed her hope that he would visit her children — his cousins — often. “I wouldn't miss being apart of their lives for the world.” For a moment, in a wave of belonging and love he felt the comforting sense of family rise into his throat and cause his breath to catch — particularly when Scimitar called him son. It was no secret that Scimitar had filled the role that had once belonged to Ragnar, not out of disrespect for the deceased legend that had become a character of great reverence for Kjalarr, but because he'd became apart of their family. Because Scimitar — and Kaskara — loved him. This was what his biological family should have been to him: welcoming as opposed to hostile and insulting. Perhaps the truth was that the Frostfurs had set the bar for “family” too high for the disjointed and disconnected Ostrega/Lodbrok's to be able to compete.

“I am sorry that she evicted you,” but was he sorry they split? No, for how could he make the judgment on if it was a good or bad thing? “As long as you are happy I think that is what matters the most.” Kjalarr had learned the hard way that finding one's own personal happiness often left those around you with bitterness; but sometimes he'd learned, you could not always be selfless. Sometimes you had to be selfish for your own sanity. “Can I meet your new mate sometime? I would like to.” It seemed like a silly thing to ask of Scimitar, because Kjalarr doubted the answer would be no, but the viking found that he was extremely open minded when it came to “mates” and such and wanted Scimitar to know that he expressed interest in meeting the new Mrs. Frostfur. He didn't hold anything against Scimitar for doing what was right for him — and how could he? He'd made a very similar decision himself not too long ago. Different situations but Kjalarr could not at all claim that he was bothered by his decision.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
if the high was worth the pain - by Kjalarr - March 05, 2016, 06:44 AM
RE: if the high was worth the pain - by Kaskara - March 06, 2016, 12:10 PM
RE: if the high was worth the pain - by Scimitar - March 07, 2016, 12:06 PM
RE: if the high was worth the pain - by Kjalarr - March 07, 2016, 05:25 PM
RE: if the high was worth the pain - by Kaskara - March 10, 2016, 11:32 AM