Sleeping Dragon the things i do for love
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Despite Lucani's reassurances Gyda was skeptical. Lucani went on to explain, beginning with the word unfortunately and stated that her condition wasn't improving. Gyda was not her mother and thus did not share in her mother's wealth of knowledge of poisons or really anything of the sort and for a moment she feared, instantly, for the healer's life. Gyda had taken a life once, but that was different. She could not, and beyond that wouldn't watch Lucani die. Already, she mentally began making plans to see if she could find a healer that might be able to work out some kind of cure, her imagination as small as it was these days, running wild with the idea of what she would do. So much so that she almost nearly missed what Lucani had to say to them next.

She spoke of passing on her knowledge with a look that informed Gyda that she would harbor the woman's secrets and for a moment — still assuming that Lucani was dying — Gyda drew in a sharp breath. To accept that offer (as kind as it was) would be to accept a truth that the viking queen did not wish to acknowledge. The words that followed after were strange to Gyda, and confusion followed in the wake of sorrow as she attempted to grasp at what was happening. She was leaving them. All because she felt that her current condition meant she had no value to them. “You are wrong,” The viking queen's words were passionate with her immediate anger, refusal to accept such a thing strong where it fueled her hot ire as she took a few steps forward. “You are an asset to this pack, Lucani, regardless of what you think. You have been with us since the beginning, why should your condition change any of that? So you are weakened by the illness. So what. You will recover.” Despite that Lucani had given an answer Gyda struggled to make sense of it.

“I do not accept.” Because she wanted Lucani around ...because she had looked forward to her advice when she was with child. This sudden change in Lucani confused Gyda, and the shield-maiden had no qualms about making her confusion and displeasure about it known.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
the things i do for love - by Lucani - April 12, 2016, 07:21 AM
RE: the things i do for love - by Gyda - April 12, 2016, 06:50 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Antumbra - April 12, 2016, 08:38 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Lucani - April 13, 2016, 03:19 AM
RE: the things i do for love - by Gyda - April 15, 2016, 05:12 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Antumbra - April 15, 2016, 08:12 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Lucani - April 16, 2016, 02:56 AM
RE: the things i do for love - by Gyda - April 17, 2016, 06:16 AM
RE: the things i do for love - by Antumbra - April 17, 2016, 02:43 PM