Blackfeather Woods The day I lost my other half...
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was quite relieved when he had Mikasi helping him with the cat and attacking the beast. Burke clenched down his jaw around the cat's neck. Kove joined too and with the new found confidence of having the pack's back up Burke was not going to let this cat live. He held down until he was startled by Kendra's loud scream. It was not even a howl, he was not even sure what kind of sound she was making. Burke had his head snapped up. But as soon as the cat started to struggle he bit down again, having to deal with another set of claws scraping over his skin. As soon as he did not feel a pulse that often he jumped off the cat and rushed to his son and daughter.

Burke was covered in scratches, most were superficial but they were still bleeding. Only one was deep, the one over his ribs. The large male stumbled forward, seeing how blankly his daughter was staring. This was his fault. He couldn't even raise two pups to adulthood. Maybe he had let them too free. He should have been there for them and now... one of them was dead. The weight of Meldresi death came hurling down. He never really dealt with her loss, he just kept on working. He wanted to be a solid leader for his pack and had selflessly gone on with working restlessly. No one he talked to, no one he had shared his own pain with. He had the feeling no one had even seen the pain he had been carrying. That pain he hid away bursted out and rushed through his body, feeding on the new pain of losing his son. The large male staggered down to the ground, maybe for once really starting to look older. His muzzle laying long that of his son, nudging it. "My son, how bravely you fought," he whispered so softly. He did not deserve his Guardian title if he could not even protect his own son. It was such a strange thought since he never doubted himself.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Messages In This Thread
The day I lost my other half... - by Kendra - April 16, 2016, 10:26 AM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Burke - April 16, 2016, 10:30 AM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Nemesis - April 16, 2016, 03:17 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Kendra - April 16, 2016, 03:28 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Burke - April 16, 2016, 03:33 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Mikasi - April 16, 2016, 03:57 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Nemesis - April 16, 2016, 07:25 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Kove - April 16, 2016, 11:31 PM
RE: The day I lost my other half... - by Xan - April 16, 2016, 11:44 PM