Larksong Grotto Standing still in your past
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
It had never been Reek's intention to bring the grotto harm, nor endanger his litter that was steadily growing inside of Tavi. In fact, his intention had been the opposite. He had sought out to protect them in striking a deal with the dragons, but in following his noble cause, he had orchestrated their own undoing. In searching for security, he had brought danger to the wolves he so hoped he could keep safe. He had failed them as a leader... and he had failed Tavi as so much more.

Reek curled tightly and made himself small in response to Tavi's anger. His breathing returned to it's ragged, disjointed rhythm. "I don't," he replied -- wheezing. In no way did he expect his co-alpha to forgive him for taking action without coming to talk to her. At the time, he felt he had made the right call for the both of them, but now, he could see what he had done. "I just wanted to keep you safe Tavi, but I fucked it up. Everything I try to do -- nothing ever turns out right." It always ended in some catastrophic blunder.

She was right, he had brought doom to his pack, himself, and his unborn litter -- and it broke his heart. He knew the dragons would return, and now, there was nothing Reek could do to stop it. The best he could do to protect Tavi was to let her go... but Reek was still to selfish. As soon as she mentioned leaving, Reek felt his heart physically tear in two.

"Please no" he pleaded behind heavy, broken sobs. "I'll step down. The pack, it's yours." They were supposed to be a team, and deep down, Reek felt he could somehow salvage things. "I'll do anything you want Tav... just don't leave me." His voice sounded smaller than it had ever been before. It was pathetic, but he had broken in two before her very eyes.
Messages In This Thread
Standing still in your past - by Reek - April 18, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: Standing still in your past - by RIP Tavi - April 18, 2016, 01:38 PM
RE: Standing still in your past - by Reek - April 18, 2016, 03:48 PM
RE: Standing still in your past - by RIP Tavi - April 19, 2016, 07:01 PM
RE: Standing still in your past - by Reek - April 19, 2016, 09:07 PM
RE: Standing still in your past - by RIP Tavi - April 19, 2016, 09:17 PM
RE: Standing still in your past - by Reek - April 20, 2016, 09:22 AM